Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
FWIW, I have the Electrical Assembly Manual and it is very helpful. I got it from NPD.

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
Once I made the decision to do my own restoration, I purchased all 6 books for my early 65 convertible. I referred to all of them, at some point, during the restoration. I found them money well spent.

·
Registered
37,477 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
4,750 Posts
Depends on what you are doing I guess. Might come in handy for a concours restoration...but I haven't ever bought one or needed one aside from referencing an occasional diagram found online just as easily. Its not like the diagrams are too useful beyond part numbers. That might be different if someone else did the disassembly and you are just putting it back together though.

·
Premium Member
10,501 Posts
I absolutely love exploded-view diagrams and wiring diagrams for DISassembly as well as REassembly so I know if I'm taking something apart correctly, if I'm missing hardware, and making sure I put it back together as designed and new or better.

Reactions: Boss5Oh

·
Registered
37,477 Posts
Haha I meant find pdf as in get them for free. Looks like I'd be saving some money if I bought the CDs. I think I'd rather have the physical book though
I agree. I don't like having the laptop on the workbench. Of course, you can always print out just the pages you need.

·
Registered
13,209 Posts
I think I understand what the OP is getting at. I have the Osbourne assembly Manuals and between the giant watermarks and poor reprints, they can be pretty frustrating. I appreciate that such manuals are still available, but sometimes what's on the page is completely unintelligible. So I'm wondering the same thing. Are there other manuals which are printed more clearly and are the digital copies clear and easy to see?

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
Has anyone bought this assembly manual? Are the pictures clear and concise? As opposed to being reprinted a million times and unreadable? I already have shop manuals and parts catalogs. Do I need this? https://www.faxonautoliterature.com...bly-Manual-Reprint-set-of-5-Books-in-1-Volume View attachment 869518
View attachment 869517
It would be nice to get the factory service manual that is spiral bound. It would lay flat when opened while using it as a reference and it wouldn't be that cheap binding that is being used now. I've already lost a couple of pages out of my FSM because I have to put something on it to keep it open on the workbench, the binding cracks and then the pages fall out. I know, I know...first world problems.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
It would be nice to get the factory service manual that is spiral bound. It would lay flat when opened while using it as a reference and it wouldn't be that cheap binding that is being used now. I've already lost a couple of pages out of my FSM because I have to put something on it to keep it open on the workbench, the binding cracks and then the pages fall out. I know, I know...first world problems.
I've used Elmer's white glue to put pages/binding back together.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Cheap reprint probably does that. I have no issues with my originals.

·
Registered
43,954 Posts
A good print shop can spiral bind that for you....

·
Registered
7,888 Posts
I have most of the Assembly manuals for 66 & 68 as well as some from 65, 67 & 69. Couldn’t live without them. So many times I have found Previous owners used wrong hardware or assembling things incorrectly. The manuals are invaluable putting it back to gather correctly. If you are just driving your car, you many not need them. If you are doing restoration they are worth every penny.

Reactions: kenash
1 - 20 of 21 Posts