Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Is there an interior fastener listing

711 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  masergt 
#1 ·
I am getting stalled with the fasteners in reassembling the 'stang. The p/o removed 80% of the parts and labelled 20%, the 1st body shop removed more and lost some, I removed a lot of the interior parts, labeled them and restored some of the fasteners and put them away. The last body shop put parts and fasteners in a box.

Sooo, is there some sort of list anyone has so that I can put the fasteners back in the correct locations?

#2 ·
Your best bet is to get a complete interior fastener kit from AMK. All fasteners are bagged and tagged and are brand new. To the extent you still need some help figuring things out, the factory assembly manuals have been helpful and are available as reprints from many Mustang parts houses.

http://amkproducts.com/Ford_Master_Kits.asp

#4 ·
Thanks guys. I checked AMK's list. Most of those fasteners have been marked and restored.

What would be really helpful for me, is if someone has some photographs of the under dash area so I can physically see what the fasteners look like in key areas.

That is where I am having trouble

Thanks

#5 ·
I have lots of under dash pictures Doug. Let me know what you want a picture of.

#6 ·
Sent you PM.

#9 ·
JohnnyK said:
Hey, if you find a list of what goes where in the dash, let me know would ya?
If you want to be methodical, cross reference the fastener specified in the relevant Assembly Manual with the index in AMK's Guide to Ford Fasteners (a page turner for any hardcore mustang guy). If you want to be more particular with precise fasteners, build variations based on assembly plant or optional equipment installations you know where to ask.

#11 ·
JohnnyK said:
I want my radio to look pretty, and not coming sliding out when I accelerate..

You need a restrictor plate then.

#13 ·
Oh and to make your radio look pretty I'd suggest a couple Hello Kitty stickers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.