Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I want to get a dashboard that looks like this that would fit my 1967 mustang. I want to know if they probably sell any custom made ones? I don't want to do any custom work because I'm not very good at that so please if you find any put links will be greatly appreciated.:]

·
Registered
520 Posts
YOu can build one for about 700 bucks or buy one for about 1300 if you are simply talking about a gauge upgrade. If you want full padded and countoured dash, that is going to take a custom shop and some serious $$$

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Eww!

It could be done, but why would you want to take the classic lines out of a classic?

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,670 Posts
Cool! If I ever decide to build a Munster-mobile, I'll know where to get a dashboard.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Take some measurements of what will fit in your car and go to the wrecking yard. Look at ALL the cars to see if there is anything that strikes you. Measure it to rule it in or rule it out. Keep looking to see if there is anything else that might look good to you. You don't have to use the guages that come in the dash, you can get creative there too. Have a look at the structure too to see if you can work it into your car. Have the wrecking yard cut out a large peice of the car, take it home and start cutting and fitting. Its all fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts