Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this motor has been offered to me for cheap. the guy who is selling it has an inside track with the service department at the local lincoln/mercury dealership, which is where he got it. he doesn't know anything about it's condition. i likely would just try to resell it. any guesses to what should it go for in unknown condition? thanks.
http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL106/717460/1214925/30290724.jpg
http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL106/717460/1214925/30290628.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Oh, in my opinion stay away from that one. Its the older style 4.6, its missing almost all the valuable stuff, it might not be worth a core if the insides are bad. Not worth the hassel. They are beginning to be a dime a dozen.

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
It can be parted out for that easy. If the heads are good and you could find someone who needed them, they should be worth $250 each. BUT I seen heads at U Pull Its that were $100 each or less. $50 is a small investment...in this case I say GO FOR IT!!! I just didnt want to see you pay $300 or more for it. Good luck. ::

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have one of these out of a Crown Vic [94] 100% complete with trans, wiring, and computer, with 6,000 miles on it. Is it worth $1,500

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
I might be able to pick one up for $100. The car had an inside fire. Not sure if I could still get it. I didn't think they where worth anything.

·
Registered
562 Posts
That sure looks like the motor from my /95 T-Bird (except the fuel inlets are on the pass. side), But back then I don't think they called them modular. Mark

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Oh yea...$1500 is good. It should have the older trans that dose not have to be over ridden like the newer ones. Want to see what one looks like in a Cobra kit car? I have a pic or two. If you paid $1500 for it....YOU STOLE IT!!!! Good job. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts