Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 67 GTA coupe
springtime yellow , black vinyl roof
deluxe interior black on black
C code
air, power hook
Good RH converision (done by John Green ,for locals)
Clean, straight, no rust, new paint
very good history on the car both here and from the states.
orig. wheel covers
pretty much nothing to spend
motor and box untouched but in good nick
drives a glam.
bloke is asking A$25500 (US$12500)
Thinking of droping LGC.
I'm wanting to offer A$20000 (US$10000)
Are they good property?
Should it have twin straws and what sort of steering wheel should it have being a GT.
Any thoughts

Australian National Mustang Concourse 2001 on the Gold Coast (you know where they have the CART race)

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1584152&a=12055089&p=46702629&Sequence=1&res=high.jpg

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
Sorry, I can't help you with the car, but am wondering if the mustang in the picture has Vintage 48's on it? I thought I remember hearing about another manufacturer (not Panasport) that was popular in Australia. Either way, they look better than I thought they would on a pre '67 car.
Jim

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1572917&a=12635145&p=46840258&Sequence=1&res=high.jpg

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Car prices in each area vary, but in California, that would be resonable

Jeff
Member: Flatheads ain't so bad association
Never trust an over 40 Chevy owner association (They have to cheat to win)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I hesitate to say I'm 100% sure but I'm pretty close.

All GTs had 4bbl engines. That is to say, if the VIN says it's a C-Code, it is not an original GT. It should definately have dual exhaust and the proper GT rear valence.

Houston, TX 67 Fastback in restoration. A-code, C-4, 9" Traction-Loc rear. Other than the engine I don't know what is original!

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe" - Carl Sagan

·
Registered
673 Posts
I was also under the impression that the 67 GT's were all (at least) A code vehicles. I've never heard of a C code GT.

Thespazardman

G

·
0 Posts
In 1967 you can have a GT with ANY V-8. In 1968 it was 4 bbl V-8 only. Keys to look for are all of the proper GT options. Pop Open gas cap, emblems and markings. Power Disc brakes, and Fog lights. On the fog lights, look for the wire harness where the pigtails join the main harness. If there spliced in, its definitely a clone. If they join the harness naturally, then its at least a factory GT wire harness. The GT steering wheel is just like stock. In a standard interior its plastic wheel in appropriate color with padded center pad in matching color with standard emblem in the center. I believe the deluxe interiors were the same except the wheel was wood. The steering wheel is not a determining factor in a GT, it only helps a little on Shelbys to determine correctness and completeness on those models. When I was collecting... $10/K US was a lot for any coupe. But these days, a GT is a GT, and they are sought after. IF its genuine the price is fair provided the car is in sound condition with matching numbers, and all correct options and attachments etc.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That all checks out . How about the single pipe ?

Australian National Mustang Concourse 2001 on the Gold Coast (you know where they have the CART race)

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1584152&a=12055089&p=46702629&Sequence=1&res=high.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a nice ride, i'm not too sure on the exhaust, i think all the GTs had dual exhaust. I love the sprintime yellow, that would like nice parked in my shed.

Tim Russell
Sale, Victoria, Australia

67 Convertible

1 - 8 of 8 Posts