Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the original info from my 66-coupes owners manual and found a big problem.... Am i correct in saying the warranty number is also the VIN number? I ask because the subsequent owner of my car (person i bought it from) has the car's VIN as the warranty number, whereas the original owner warranty number is something very different... take a look for yourself:

First Owner:
http://a4.cpimg.com/image/E8/C5/11386344-5928-014000C8-.jpg

Subsequent Owner:
http://a5.cpimg.com/image/E9/C5/11386345-edb2-012C0122-.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Does the VIN # from the front inner fender match the warranty # on the drivers door? Which VIN # does your state registration show? I would guess as long at the registration matches your inner fender VIN#, you should be okay, but I am not 100% sure.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Those are definitely from two different cars, different factories (T and F) and body styles (07 and 08). As long as your registration matches your fender panels, you are in good shape.

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
I don't see any problem other than one no. is a convertible and the other is a coupe . One built in Dearborn , one built in Metuchen .

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The inner fenders, door data tag, and Title match the 6f07c VIN, but i just dont see how ford could blatantly place the subsequent owner card right on top information from a different car... maybe they just happened to have that owners manual hanging around and felt the need to use it?

·
Registered
361 Posts
The one quick thing that you will be able to tell about your
car is the bodystyle. The 6T08 in the first Vin means convertible and the 6F07 in the second means hardtop.
Check the door and inner fender as suggested and make sure
that they match and it matches your title. I had a similar
situation with one of my cars in that it appeared the dealer
threw in the and owners manual for a different car into my car. What's even stranger is that owners manual has stayed with the car for 37 years.
Kevin

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
even the purchase dates are different (by 3 months)! Unbelievable. Hey! isn't that my vin# /forums/images/icons/wink.gif?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts