Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 351C 4V recently and I am curious what kind of car it came out of. While searching for numbers on the engine I found these stamped onto the rear surface of the left head.

0H127648

The head has a casting date code of 9L22 and is a D0AE-J. At first I thought this might be a partial vin# but the H would indicate a 2V engine and based on the port and valve dimensions, I know this is a 4V. The 0H12 could be the assembly date which could be realistic based on the casting date. Any idea's what the 7648 is? could it be part of the vin#?

From the engine tag I get

351C 70-1
25 F609G

Are there any other numbers I could find that would help me figure out what car this came from?

Thanks,
Perry

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
The first two characters in these partial VINs maps to the first two characters of the car's VIN; the "H" in this case is the assembly plant code in a VIN of 0Hxxx127648. I don't know what "H" stands for off the top of my head, but since it's not an "F", "R", or "T" the engine wasn't originally installed in a 1970 Mustang.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could be from a Torino. They definately used the 351C that year. I alway's liked those early Torino's. I remember crusin in my cousin's 69 GT fastback back in the early 80's. The rear window seemed like it was a mile long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts