Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just putting an overflow tank on my mustang and was having to do a few "adjustments" to make the mounting brackets work. My 8 year old son was in the garage with me witnessing the show.

He comes over to me and seriously asked me the question, "Dad, why don't you just hire a professional?"

I about cracked up.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
if thats an insult, i guess i have been insulted most of my life. in this case- probably just a case of innocense. later

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
One of those GOLDEN opportunities to educate today's youth about the frugal practicality of actually knowing how to maintain, upgrade, and repair things.

A 19 year old guy that works for me expressed a desire to drive a fast car, but told me he doesn't want to work hard or spend a lot of money.

I know you baby boomers lament not being able to identify with the generation I'm a part of, but I'll tell you in no uncertain terms....

I AM SO FREAKIN GLAD I CAN'T RELATE TO THE MAJORITY OF THIS NEWEST GENERATION OF "ADULTS" !!!!!

Hate to say it but the person who coined the label "the ME generation" is mostly correct!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I was doing the brakes on my car car at my parents a few years ago (I think I was 19, so about 7 years ago) and the neighbor kid, about 16 at the time, comes over and says "you know there are 'people' for that!". I'll never forget that.

·
Premium Member
19,225 Posts
A professional is defined as someone who earns money doing a job.

An amateur or hobbyist is someone who does the same job for either enjoyment or is a cheapskate. Often times, the amateur is better at the job than the professional. Not always, which is why we have the Doofus Award!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I think most of you guys are missing the point here. It's pretty obvious that the young'n has seen the "old man's" work before!!
Matt

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I remember when you first told us that story. People like that have no character.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
hey, not all of us kids are bad! i do all my own work on my car, with the occasional help of my dad because i dont really know what i am doing... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

the only reason i work on my mazda myself is because i cant see paying someone else all of my hard earned money (hey, i make 7 bux an hour, so i dont have alot of it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ) to do something that i can do myself.

however, the mustang is a differnt story, i like working on that /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

- Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts