Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know that little black clip that goes on the end of the screw that holds your gas pedal on? Well, if that even necessary? It seems to me the screw holds it on just fine. My main reason for asking is because I'm having a hell of a time trying to get the clip on with the tranny tunnel in the way, and well, if it's not necessary, I'll quit tryin.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
If not already attempted, disconnect throttle linkage at carburetor. That should give you enough room. Flange goes out (away from bracket). Immerse clip in hot water for a few minutes prior.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
The only problem I had when I drove my car from LA to SF when I bought it??

The gas pedal fell off.

The threads were stripped and the little tab was all I could get to hold it on. I thought it was tricky but very doable to get it back on.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
About as necessary as that little nut that holds the steering wheel on...

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the problem is I've got fat hands and there's not a lot of room down there. Just push it on with a pair of pliers or what?

·
Registered
992 Posts
How about unbolting it from the firewall and flipping it over. Even sasquatch could get his hands in there then :/

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
sluggo said:
How about unbolting it from the firewall and flipping it over. Even sasquatch could get his hands in there then :/
But then he would have to disconnect the kickdown that took three weeks to connect. :shrug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts