Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name: Brian D. Thompson
Date: 5 August 2002
Price: $ 1000
Phone: (712) 365-4612
E-Mail: [email protected]

ForsaleAd: Have 50 1965-70 Mustang Fastbacks and parts for sale. Some GTA cars and 1 Shelby (no engine) for info send $10.00 plus SASE to Brian Thompson 411 Elm Street Battle Creek Iowa 51006 sending cars to Australia so call or write fast!!!!! thats the ad i seen on a mustang website.regards javed

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
What site did you see it on?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Sounds like a scam. He gets $10 bucks and you get a letter back saying, "So sorry, the last car just left for Australia." If he really wanted to sell anything, he would have listed that on the web and not try to charge people to find out what he has to sell. Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Maybe I should ask him if I could just come and see the cars, since I'm like just 2 hours away from him.. hehehe.

G

·
0 Posts
I have never gotten or delt with companies that want to charge me to find out what they have to sell me. Sounds like a scam if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
My wife grew up in this town, Its a 1 horse town (yes last summer when I was there I saw one beat up 67 or 68 coup there) and you can walk the whole town in less than 1 hour. Everyone knows everyone. I will have my wife make a few calls tonight. I guess someone could have a few mustangs rat holed up in some barns or sheds in the country side. Her family knows my interests in Fords and Mercurys and I can't imagine them never mentioning this collection to me..........I'll post what she comes up with. John

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well, this was just too good to pass up. I just tried to call the guy and got an answering machine. Said I was coming into town on business and wanted to stop by and see what he had on behalf of our local Mustang club.

Wonder if I'll get a return call? ;-)

But you know, if this WAS a scam, why would he be so dumb as to give us his phone number? It could be a prank and the number is acutally that of someone he's tyring to off.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I just went through some of the ad's on this web site. Found this ad, and 1 other interesting one...'68 Shelby in California. Total restoration done by this guy's grandfather.Then grandfather died and left it to him.....
He is not a Ford guy, so wants to sell it for $5000.00.
These guys must be friends.....I believe both ads...NOT

·
Registered
305 Posts
I had sent this person an email asking for info on cars and his reply was " mostly good some need total resto. I sell my lists of cars and parts to separate the tire kickers. " well I thanked him I don’t believe in paying for a list.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
S C A M ! ! !

If cars are going to Australia how did THEY find out being that Aussies are half way round the world. Easier to sell here. If he truly has something to sell he could make up a detailed list and email to people for free. "Tire Kickers" don't drive or fly to Small Town, USA (Iowa) unless they are serious. Sounds like he may be bright ($10) but not bright enough (address/tel).

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I do service work in that area and may try to drop in and see what he has. If there is anything good I will post after I try to purchase and cant get it done. Hope he is not one of those guys that has parts for sale and not to look at.. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif According to whitepages.com that is his phone number and address...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
This is totally true .

I'm buying all the stuff if he can;t sell it first .

I also get $5 out of the $10 . So keep those cards and letters coming /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The guy has lived there for some time. Ownes a business and is a reserve cop or sheriff or somthing. No sign of mustang stuff but they could be hid out elsewhere. The listed Email address is for Battle Creek Archery. John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts