Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On e-auction site. item 2423574610 Ends on Monday. Opinions welcome. It does not have power steering. Thanks to all who respond.

G

·
Seems to be. Seller appears to be supplying the right info and based on that, you know how much work you would have ahead. I assume you are checking all the #'s. However, I would definitely have one of the forum members take a look.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You mentioned that it did not have power steering and I am not sure if you got that from the seller or what? All 67 GT's had power steering and power disc brakes as standard. So as someone else said, you may want to have a VMF member check it out. If it is a true GT it is a good buy, providing it doesn't get to high in the bidding. I would not pay more than $6K for it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Uh oh, now you're scaring me. My GT has manual steering on it, and I thought it was original.

G

·
All 67 GTs/GTAs had power stearing as part of the package ??
i know the power disc brakes where part of it but i dident think P/S was
This Info is from whare,MCA, GT registry ?
id like to find out for my self
thanx Dave

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I stand corrected, I checked both the original dealer brochure and the Mustang Recognition guide and they stated that PDB are standard with the GT package. Power brakes was an option, however, all my 67 GT's had power brakes. Another point of interest, the 390 cars did not have a Tach as standard, it also was an option. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Non power steering was confirmed by seller. Also he said that car has been outside of barn for 2 years but had a heavy duty boat cover tarp over it. The fender apron that has to be replaced is the one that has vin number stamped. All this info gotten from seller.

G

·
Hi,thanx for the update on the P/s.
ive had 3-4 390 GTA/Gt`s and they all had P/s and none of them
had the 6k Tach
funnything is ive had/still have a couple of K code 67s
and both have 8K tachs
my K code Convert has the tach but no P/S
weird
Dave

·
Registered
558 Posts
The 390's used a 6K tach, while the K code used a 8K tach. Of course that is if they were ordered with a tach.
I thought that all 4 speeds got a tack (6K for non-K's), and it was an option with the automatic. Is that correct??

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
The tach was optional regardless of transmission. The tach may have been a mandatory option with the K-code motor, but I'm not sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts