Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i can get the rattel can white interior paint from npd or any of the other mustang suppliers, but i don't want to pay shipping. is there something very close to the color avalable at ace? or can i go to the paint supply store and get a quart mixed up? does anyone know the numbers for it?
any other information that you think might be usefull would be apreciated too.
thanks

- Jason

·
Registered
53 Posts
Interior paint is lacquer. I dont believe that Ace HW will have this and certainly not the correct color Ford used. Isn't there a mustang parts dealer in the Chicago area?

·
Registered
791 Posts
I got my interior paint from my auto paint supplier in town. It is made by "SEM". The color is very close and sprays great.
Rick

·
Registered
683 Posts
I went to PPG for my white interior paint and they could not mix a small quantity. It is made of several different colors. I was surprised. I guess they could have made a large quantity but in a small batch one of the colors dominated.

So, rather than fool around I just ordered a can from CJ Ponyparts. I just got an email where they are running 10% from AUG 14-22nd. All you have to do is order off their website and put code GR 0803 in the shipping instructions.
Sure beats running all over the area spending money on gas and wasting time.

Incase you need it their website is www.cjponyparts.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts