Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the gas station late Friday night gasing up and getting the usual looks. Then a cop drove up to get some gas. He came over and looked at it and started to tell me some story of his mustang he had when he was my age. ( im 19) He sat there for what seemed a long time looking at the interior. On my steering wheel I have one of those suicide knobs. He had to have seen it!!! Are they legal? I like it because of its old style looks but im affraid if I ever used it, it would break off when I was rounding a corner.

64 1/2 D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If it looks like a Hairy Cairy knife better be cautious, if it's just a squirrel knob you can relax;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A squirrel knob is a glorified clamp with a rotating palm knob so you can straighten those fishtails a little easier. Also nice for backing up. Some of the fancier ones had entertaining (ahem) pictures inside the acrylic cap.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know you live in a small town when the cops fill up at the same gas station that you do... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

[color:blue]'68 Coupe
250/C4, 221 Argentine Head
Breakaway Converter, 9", 3.50's/T-lock</font color=blue>

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
My grandmother had one on her early 60's Falcon. I didn't know they still existed. Seem dangerous to use know.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
its only illigal if your cought!!

68 fastback, 390 4V premium fuel
80 5.0 hatch, just finished
91 5.0 coupe, daily driver
84 RamCharger 4x4 extreme mudsliger and winter junker
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1570462&a=11937310&p=44317415.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AMEN to that!! lol

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289
70 fastback done by may/graduation...hopefully

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are illegal in my state......Also if you are in a wreck they will put a nice gaping hole in your chest as you are thrown against the steering wheel..........they dont call them suicide knobs for nothin/forums/images/icons/wink.gif
Later,

Doug

[color:blue]66 Mustang Coupe 206ci</font color=blue>
[color:red]Six Packer Performance Freak</font color=red>
11.1 Compression/ 6,000 RPM/Clifford Cam & Valve Train
http://inlinefever.homestead.com/files/sig_pic.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
had to use one years ago when I had my arm in afull cast, very helpful, didn' t help me shift the 3 on the tree, though!

92 olds supercharged touring sedan (big mama's)
ranger 4x4-66 mustang coupe
78 honda cb 750 ( restoring ) it's done!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts