Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, there’s no easy way to say it so I’ll just say it: I sold my 67 Coupe. I won’t go into the reasons why I had to sell it but suffice it to say it was a HAVE to sell situation, I didn’t want to by any means. I bought the car when I was 15 years old and restored it myself (the only thing I didn’t do was paint it). That’s where you guys come in. I know I haven’t been around much in a while but you guys helped me immensely throughout the creation of my car and I owe you all a debt of gratitude (and maybe a few beers). It’s sad to not only lose the car but I also feel like I’m leaving this forum for good, maybe I can come back every now and then to help out someone else in need as you all helped me. Anyway, here’s a picture of the car when we brought it home when I was 15 and then another picture from a couple years ago as the car sits today. I had it for 20 years (I am now 35 for those slow with math haha).

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Best thing you ever did imo
Eliminate a crutch

Both of mine going on the chopping block as soon as the economy improves

·
Premium Member
6,111 Posts
I know that would be a tough decision. Perhaps you can get back in one day. Good luck.

Reactions: Acooljt

·
Registered
577 Posts
Very sorry to hear this. I can appreciate what emotions you're feeling.
I hope its going to a good home and you get a chance to buy it back sometime in the future,
I suggest you continue to monitor this forum. Questions will be asked by others in same position you were in 15 years ago.
Judging by how the car looks now you have much good experiance & knowledge to share

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
6,367 Posts
Sorry to hear. One thing for certain, you can always come back….

Reactions: Caper50 and Acooljt

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
A few years back I was unemployed with 3 kids, a wife and Christmas and Winter were coming. I sold 2 of my Chargers to buy heating oil and pay for Christmas along with the regular bills. I was lucky to have resources to work with and I still remember that Christmas as one of the best ever.
I hope your situation will be one that you can reflect on knowing you did what you had to do and feel good about it. I'm sorry to see it happen to anyone though.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Sorry. You seem to be appreciating this with an open and understanding mind. Sometimes life just throws us a curve ball and we have to deal with it.
I join the choirs wishing you the best and for a return in the future.

Reactions: Acooljt

·
Registered
715 Posts
Well, there’s no easy way to say it so I’ll just say it: I sold my 67 Coupe. I won’t go into the reasons why I had to sell it but suffice it to say it was a HAVE to sell situation, I didn’t want to by any means. I bought the car when I was 15 years old and restored it myself (the only thing I didn’t do was paint it). That’s where you guys come in. I know I haven’t been around much in a while but you guys helped me immensely throughout the creation of my car and I owe you all a debt of gratitude (and maybe a few beers). It’s sad to not only lose the car but I also feel like I’m leaving this forum for good, maybe I can come back every now and then to help out someone else in need as you all helped me. Anyway, here’s a picture of the car when we brought it home when I was 15 and then another picture from a couple years ago as the car sits today. I had it for 20 years (I am now 35 for those slow with math haha).

View attachment 853585
View attachment 853586
[/QUO

·
Registered
1970 Sportroof Mustang Grabber Value Package
1,244 Posts
Sorry things came to that but you do know your priorities and cars can be replaced! No reason to leave here tho, we can still entertain you and help folks along the way!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Sometimes you do what you have to do like it or not. Hope you get back into another one when the time is right .

I don't think you have to leave just because you sold your Mustang , you had it all that time & did all that work to it, who knows maybe you have the answer somebody needs. .

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
You've joined a big club. There are many posts of regret from guys who sold cars, and the regret lasts forever. Many of us have sold them for far less important reasons.

·
Premium Member
15,225 Posts
Don’t cry over your sale. Never cry over anything that can’t cry over you.

Between 30 & 40 I was flush and broke countless times. Just kept going. Life has a way of working out in ways you cant foresee.

The finish to your story has not yet been written. You’ve got many miles to drive in all the classic cars your future holds.

Z

PS : Love the post-apocalyptic background in the 2nd photo.

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
With the bills from 2 autistic children I had to sell all my toys and had none for a long time. On the other side of what life is throwing at you right now there will be toys!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts