Vintage Mustang Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Dimples
7,625 Posts
Don’t cry over your sale. Never cry over anything that can’t cry over you.

Between 30 & 40 I was flush and broke countless times. Just kept going. Life has a way of working out in ways you cant foresee.

The finish to your story has not yet been written. You’ve got many miles to drive in all the classic cars your future holds.

Z

PS : Love the post-apocalyptic background in the 2nd photo.
I was going to post something meaningful and wise, and zray out-meaningful'd me. Very well said.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Hang in there and I hope the sale is not health related.

What you did not sell are all your memories with the car. Remember the fun and be proud of the work you did. (y)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So, when the time is right again, what year you going to get next?
I don’t know but definitely a fastback. I originally wanted one back when I was 15 but they sell for more than coupes so I had to settle for a coupe way back then, just couldn’t afford it. Though it would have to be a finished car probably, I don’t know that I could restore another one, I’m not in as good of shape as I used to be. It would be hard for me to get up under dashes and in tight spots nowadays.

Thank you to everyone for the kind and comforting sentiments.

·
Registered
1966 Mustang 289/306 3spd coupe, 1966 Mustang 289 C4 coupe, 1965/64.5 Mustang 289 4spd convertible
1,422 Posts
I don’t know but definitely a fastback. I originally wanted one back when I was 15 but they sell for more than coupes so I had to settle for a coupe way back then, just couldn’t afford it. Though it would have to be a finished car probably, I don’t know that I could restore another one, I’m not in as good of shape as I used to be. It would be hard for me to get up under dashes and in tight spots nowadays.

Thank you to everyone for the kind and comforting sentiments.
Same reason I own a coupe, although after sitting in a friend's '66 fastback aside from the looks, I actually prefer the hardtop.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Wow, I can see why you didn't want to sell. Nice car. Sorry you had to part with it. They say with age comes wisdom, and usually it doesn't come easily or timely. My mantra lately is this: All we really have is the moment we are in and the memories of moments past. Looks like you probably had some good times and have plenty of good memories to lean on. As others have said, stick around as we all look forward to your next ride!

Reactions: Acooljt

·
Registered
65 Coupe 289
71 Posts
Sometimes life totally sucks. Plenty of us had times in our lives where we thought why the F is this happening to me? Where you feel like everyday is worse than the last. Until all of a sudden it just starts to get better. Just keep going do your best and things work out. Be proud of the car you made.
Also cool license plate!!

·
Premium Member
10,179 Posts
The pendulum will swing in your favor again someday, perhaps sooner than you think.

Reactions: Acooljt
21 - 30 of 30 Posts