Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
I guess I'm caught in the middle.
I love God, my family and my Country.
I live for Him, care for them and work for the government. That includes enforcing laws and governor's orders albeit with some sensibility and discretion. Those laws, orders, and precautions apply to me, too. My wife has Type 1 diabetes and one of my children has asthma, and all the grandparents are aging. Now, the numbers have value but they're not real to some people in some places for a number of reasons, relativity, isolation, density, ignorance, denial, whatever you want to suppose. I've always washed my hands a lot, used a towel, my shirt tail or something else to open doors etc and I've been after my kids since infancy to do the same, like my father before me. I get to see people in every environment you can think of and it's interesting to see what the virus has done to behavior. I wear a mask in group settings, but I scratch my head at folks driving around in their econo-beans with a mask on and the windows up, wearing the same gloves to drive their car and hold their phone and open their doors at home that they used at the post office...
No doubt every side will spin all this to their benefit. I'm a bit of a work-a-holic homebody. All this hasn't changed my life that much. I don't care what party, news media, or medical theory you subscribe to. How many of you are going to the homes and hospitals where people die, from this or any other cause, or combination of causes? I'm gonna drive my Mustang, mow the lawn and rough-house with my kids. I'm gonna lead my troops, look for bad guys and sometimes that gets me closer than 6 feet. Just don't be offended if I mask-up before and wash-up afterward. I'm looking out for my family and yours. I will see ya at the stop light, the car show, and maybe at the grocery store ! There's nothing more American than all the things Americans do, where we go to do it, and how we get there.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
I guess I'm caught in the middle.
I love God, my family and my Country.
I live for Him, care for them and work for the government. That includes enforcing laws and governor's orders albeit with some sensibility and discretion. Those laws, orders, and precautions apply to me, too. My wife has Type 1 diabetes and one of my children has asthma, and all the grandparents are aging. Now, the numbers have value but they're not real to some people in some places for a number of reasons, relativity, isolation, density, ignorance, denial, whatever you want to suppose. I've always washed my hands a lot, used a towel, my shirt tail or something else to open doors etc and I've been after my kids since infancy to do the same, like my father before me. I get to see people in every environment you can think of and it's interesting to see what the virus has done to behavior. I wear a mask in group settings, but I scratch my head at folks driving around in their econo-beans with a mask on and the windows up, wearing the same gloves to drive their car and hold their phone and open their doors at home that they used at the post office...
No doubt every side will spin all this to their benefit. I'm a bit of a work-a-holic homebody. All this hasn't changed my life that much. I don't care what party, news media, or medical theory you subscribe to. How many of you are going to the homes and hospitals where people die, from this or any other cause, or combination of causes? I'm gonna drive my Mustang, mow the lawn and rough-house with my kids. I'm gonna lead my troops, look for bad guys and sometimes that gets me closer than 6 feet. Just don't be offended if I mask-up before and wash-up afterward. I'm looking out for my family and yours. I will see ya at the stop light, the car show, and maybe at the grocery store ! There's nothing more American than all the things Americans do, where we go to do it, and how we get there.
I agree. People should be aware and smart, but closing the world down isn’t that. I work inside a small tube with 200 other people and most people take the obvious precautions, but aren’t scared of this, and shouldn’t be.

Telling people who have lost their jobs to get out and go to car shows is a complete slap in the face to them (not directed at you, myfirstcar66). Car shows are boring anyways. I’d rather go to the track, where cars do something. We’ve been riding dirtbikes a lot since this thing started, and using the boats.

·
Registered
628 Posts
We went to the rescheduled Spring Carlisle last Friday, and only had to wear a mask at the gate.
None of the large vendors were there, probably due to the fact that the PA emergency order was still in court.
It was defeated on Friday, so maybe future events will have the major vendors.
There was still a good amount of people who showed up, which was nice to see.

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
@sportsroof69 I hear ya. Some people like car shows, some like cruises, some like drags and some like autocross...different strokes... my favorite kind of car event is one that HAS IT ALL, but those are few, so I'll go to whatever I can get to, which is rare.
I wanna see the time capsule thoroughbreds, the occasional and daily driven, the raced and battered... gimme a good swap meet so I can see things in pieces and parts as examples of what to do even if I can't afford it... the thing is ANYTHING somebody can do to go out and advance the hobby, enjoy themselves, pass it on to the next generation and maybe run a few dollars through the economy is a good thing as long as they're SAFE.
Have Mustang (and gun), will travel.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
@sportsroof69 I hear ya. Some people like car shows, some like cruises, some like drags and some like autocross...different strokes... my favorite kind of car event is one that HAS IT ALL, but those are few, so I'll go to whatever I can get to, which is rare.
I wanna see the time capsule thoroughbreds, the occasional and daily driven, the raced and battered... gimme a good swap meet so I can see things in pieces and parts as examples of what to do even if I can't afford it... the thing is ANYTHING somebody can do to go out and advance the hobby, enjoy themselves, pass it on to the next generation and maybe run a few dollars through the economy is a good thing as long as they're SAFE.
Have Mustang (and gun), will travel.
Heck yeah. Hopefully when all this clears out, I’ll be back in the car game. I sure miss mine but if I get furloughed, it’ll be a good thing I sold it. Although, my next one will be a new one with a large turbo.......

For now, the dirt bikes are keeping my sanity.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Do you realize how small of a percentage of the population that is? People are done watching the country fold up, and that’s a good thing. We ruined more lives than we saved, and it’s very much time to keep the economic recovery going. 228 cases and 7 hospitalizations. This is not a death sentence for the very very very very very large majority. We can’t destroy ourselves any farther to help the fraction of 1%.loke I said, Texas is getting back in its feet and is getting it right.
I think your definition of 'getting back on its feed and doing it right' is different than what the expression means.

Texas has averaged 2,214 new daily cases since June 1. Just Houston alone is seeing a record number of new cases, averaging over 200 a day. And COVID19 patients in Houston hospital beds went from 394 on June 1 to 957 on June 21. In the entire state, the number of beds with COVID patients has doubled since June 1, with over 1300 patients in beds today, at approximately 13% of all the beds in the state.

The data doesn't lie. Here is what Texas' coronavirus cases are doing:

And remember that tyrant Governor we had in Michigan? Here's what our coronavirus cases are doing. We have flattened out:

We're one of only two states on track to have coronavirus contained. Michiganders are actually going to be able to get on to their lives sooner with no restrictions than many other states, who may have to look at reimposing more restrictions or a second round of shutdowns. And our economy is going to recover faster as well.

Case in point, Greg Abbot in Texas is tightening outdoor gathering rules while we are in the process of continually loosening up restrictions more and more. Now he's warning of imposing additional restrictions while saying, “Importantly, because the spread is so rampant right now, there’s never a reason for you to have to leave your home unless you do need to go out,” he said. “The safest place for you is your home.”

Texas is doing it so right, and getting back on its feet so well right now, that the governor is saying there's never a reason for you to have to leave your home? Clearly sounds like winning to me.

Meanwhile, Michigan is close to moving into stage 5 of 6 stages to complete reopening, and that is after we were the #3 hardest hit state in the country. So who is actually doing it right and getting back on their feet here?

What's my agenda? As long as there is a virus like this running rampant, it's going to create a state of perpetual economic uncertainty. As long as that remains, the economy cannot recover.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not much for real numbers I see. 328.2 million people in America , with a little over 19,000 deaths. This is not a death sentence. What’s Happening to the economy is far worse. I fully understand that you have a overinflated since of self worth, but you have to get over yourself for 5 minutes. Break that down further into people with pre existing conditions, and healthy people should have been working the whole time. 36,000,000 unemployed. Destroyed economy, but I get it. You’re on the side of destroying the country for upcoming politics. That’s apparent. I’m for people keep the country strong, which exactly the opposite of what’s happening. It’s just the way it is.

Nobody likes death, but it’s a fact of life. I lost my grandmother in the middle of this mess, and it’s a bad deal, but you can’t protect everyone. That’s the reality. Almost 3300 people die in car wrecks every day, so maybe you should stop driving. Protecting the majority involves protecting our economy. Playing politics involves catering to the minority and destroying the country.
Not much for real numbers you say? Where do you get the number of 3300 dying per day from auto wrecks? NHTSA says 36, 560 deaths in 2018, you arent even in the ball park.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
I think your definition of 'getting back on its feed and doing it right' is different than what the expression means.

Texas has averaged 2,214 new daily cases since June 1. Just Houston alone is seeing a record number of new cases, averaging over 200 a day. And COVID19 patients in Houston hospital beds went from 394 on June 1 to 957 on June 21. In the entire state, the number of beds with COVID patients has doubled since June 1, with over 1300 patients in beds today, at approximately 13% of all the beds in the state.

The data doesn't lie. Here is what Texas' coronavirus cases are doing:

View attachment 759304

And remember that tyrant Governor we had in Michigan? Here's what our coronavirus cases are doing. We have flattened out:
View attachment 759305

We're one of only two states on track to have coronavirus contained. Michiganders are actually going to be able to get on to their lives sooner with no restrictions than many other states, who may have to look at reimposing more restrictions or a second round of shutdowns. And our economy is going to recover faster as well.

Case in point, Greg Abbot in Texas is tightening outdoor gathering rules while we are in the process of continually loosening up restrictions more and more. Now he's warning of imposing additional restrictions while saying, “Importantly, because the spread is so rampant right now, there’s never a reason for you to have to leave your home unless you do need to go out,” he said. “The safest place for you is your home.”

Texas is doing it so right, and getting back on its feet so well right now, that the governor is saying there's never a reason for you to have to leave your home? Clearly sounds like winning to me.

Meanwhile, Michigan is close to moving into stage 5 of 6 stages to complete reopening, and that is after we were the #3 hardest hit state in the country. So who is actually doing it right and getting back on their feet here?

What's my agenda? As long as there is a virus like this running rampant, it's going to create a state of perpetual economic uncertainty. As long as that remains, the economy cannot recover.
No, my definition of Texas getting back on its feet is that business are opening, restrictions are being lifted, and people are going back to work. And if you think people here are going to stand another lockdown, you should come visit. There will be an uprising, guaranteed. Shutting down the economy was the wrong move the first time, and people here opened their businesses against the restrictions. They dang sure aren’t going to let it happen again. More testing = more positives cases.... so what? The very very very large majority of people get sick, then they get over it. Have you ever been sick? It happens to most people. The long term effects of what we have done to the economy will hurt way more people than this virus. 36 MILLION

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Not much for real numbers you say? Where do you get the number of 3300 dying per day from auto wrecks? NHTSA says 36, 560 deaths in 2018, you arent even in the ball park.
You mean people don’t drive in other countries????? Weird. Or they just don’t count?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Considering the chances of a vaccine are barely above 0, the only way to get past this is to learn to live with it, and get herd immunity. This has to be treated like the flu and accepted that it's out there. Those that want to live in fear are free to do so, but those that aren't should be able to earn a living. There's much riskier behaviors, drugs, surgeries, well, life, than the less than 1% chance of dying from COVID-19.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
No, my definition of Texas getting back on its feet is that business are opening, restrictions are being lifted, and people are going back to work. And if you think people here are going to stand another lockdown, you should come visit. There will be an uprising, guaranteed. Shutting down the economy was the wrong move the first time, and people here opened their businesses against the restrictions. They dang sure aren’t going to let it happen again. More testing = more positives cases.... so what? The very very very large majority of people get sick, then they get over it. Have you ever been sick? It happens to most people. The long term effects of what we have done to the economy will hurt way more people than this virus. 36 MILLION
More testing does not just equal more positive cases. Your numbers of hospitalizations are also increasing. You have an increase in real disease. And it looks like your restrictions are going to be increasing based on what your governor is saying. The disparity in the two data sets I just showed you above is indisputable. We will be able to get on to our lives faster with no restrictions, and our economy will recover faster. Your minimialization of this completely ignores the reality and actual economic fallout of a persisting disease outbreak/pandemic.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
More testing does not just equal more positive cases. Your numbers of hospitalizations are also increasing. You have an increase in real disease. And it looks like your restrictions are going to be increasing based on what your governor is saying. The disparity in the two data sets I just showed you above is indisputable. We will be able to get on to our lives faster with no restrictions, and our economy will recover faster. Your minimialization of this completely ignores the reality and actual economic fallout of a persisting disease outbreak/pandemic.
I think you fail to understand that something that’s going to affect less than 1% of the population (and no, I don’t consider just contracting the virus truly affecting you), is worth the destruction it has/is causing. If any restrictions come back, you’re going to find out how many people are actually worried it, because people won’t abide, guaranteed.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Texas pauses their reopening today. So much for doing it right and getting back on their feet.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I just found out my Aunt and Uncle in San Antonio are Covid 19 positive and under self quarantine. I am very concerned for them.
This virus spreads like a wildfire. It is spreading almost as fast as stupidity, cancel culture, and victim mentality. Maybe they will all combine and cancel each other out. Like a back fire. One can hope.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Looks like it's more widespread than anybody thought with the CDC saying 20 million may have been infected here in the good ol' USofA. So about 18 million more people were asymptomatic. Which means it's far less lethal than the hype. Mandate masks and open everything up. Let's get that herd immunity going.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Texas pauses their reopening today. So much for doing it right and getting back on their feet.
I’ll take a picture for you today if I make it down into frisco and show you how that really looks, instead of what CNN is telling you.

you know what else they’re saying on the news about the hospitals in Houston?i believe I saw CNN report 98% capacity there. Yeah, only not so much, but they have an agenda.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I’ll take a picture for you today if I make it down into frisco and show you how that really looks, instead of what CNN is telling you.

you know what else they’re saying on the news about the hospitals in Houston?i believe I saw CNN report 98% capacity there. Yeah, only not so much, but they have an agenda.

You know it's weird, cuz I've heard the talking heads complain about "packed beaches" and the videos they were showing were the complete opposite, lots of space between groups, so I've been wondering about that agenda myself.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
You know it's weird, cuz I've heard the talking heads complain about "packed beaches" and the videos they were showing were the complete opposite, lots of space between groups, so I've been wondering about that agenda myself.
Our airplanes have been full for a month as well. We are adding another 300 flights per day back in for July.

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
I'm down for a herd of cruising Mustangs for herd immunity.
I'm about to travel to a beach location with my family. We have our food purchased, going to pack and eat our favorite easy stuff instead of dining out, we have our masks in case we have to go into any public place, and I have our tent for a little shade on the beach. We keep to ourselves anyway, so the COVID doesn't really change our plan much.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.