Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,366 Posts
My entire family just came back from Myrtle Beach. They said there was plenty of beach to distance on there. Little harder in restaurants and such but they're managing.
I have a mask I'll wear if requested, store policy, something like that. I may be wearing one for other reasons sometime this week. Hulking great Saharan dust cloud apparently on the way.

·
Just some guy
20,366 Posts
I’ll take a picture for you today if I make it down into frisco and show you how that really looks, instead of what CNN is telling you.
I was kind of curious about that chart and bounced around that website. What caught my eye was there seemed to be a focus on "ICU" beds and about none on non-ICU beds and/or total hospital capacity. I wonder why. It might even be there but I missed it by just skimming. But anyway, I found THIS chart. I'm no expert but It doesn't look too good to me.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
I was kind of curious about that chart and bounced around that website. What caught my eye was there seemed to be a focus on "ICU" beds and about none on non-ICU beds and/or total hospital capacity. I wonder why. It might even be there but I missed it by just skimming. But anyway, I found THIS chart. I'm no expert but It doesn't look too good to me.
All the reports we’ve been seeing locally are specifically centered on ICU beds and how they’re currently at 98% capacity. I spoke with my friend who is a nurse in Dallas county just yesterday, and she is still on furlough and her hospital is mostly empty, according to her.

hopefully people will continue to get out and get things up and running again. I know businesses here are busy, busy, busy. With flight loads picking up, and adding new flights, I may actually get to go to work soon, for the first time since March 28th. I’ll be anxious to get the cockpit door closed so I can get that mandatory mask off 😃

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I’ll take a picture for you today if I make it down into frisco and show you how that really looks, instead of what CNN is telling you.

you know what else they’re saying on the news about the hospitals in Houston?i believe I saw CNN report 98% capacity there. Yeah, only not so much, but they have an agenda.

Frisco? As in San Fran? I’m currently in San Diego. Will be in SF tomorrow.

I don’t watch CNN, never will, along with Faux News. You’ve got the information stream running backwards anyway. My COVID research finding has already been a national headline. You all read about it, you just never knew it was one of your guys here.

so what happens when those beds do get to capacity?

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Frisco? As in San Fran? I’m currently in San Diego. Will be in SF tomorrow.

I don’t watch CNN, never will, along with Faux News. You’ve got the information stream running backwards anyway. My COVID research finding has already been a national headline. You all read about it, you just never knew it was one of your guys here.

so what happens when those beds do get to capacity?
No, Frisco as in Frisco without the San Fran.

So it’s pretty interesting that you want to point to reopening the economy, which never should have been shut down, but like the media don’t want to point to the more obvious reasons of more cases being reported. More testing, and protestors. Why was there a point where people could gather to protest, rather it be peacefully, or burning down entire city blocks, but I couldn’t get a haircut or go to a bar for a drink? Why are all charges being dropped against people who were breaking the social distancing restrictions to protest, but business are still losing liquor licenses over having too many people?

Why are people allowed to gather in a 6 block area in Seattle, with no regards to social distancing? Why does the media refuse to point to the protesting as reason for increased cases? Do you realize that Houston is seeing the most increase, even though their ICU beds are still below normal capacity, and in Texas there was more protesting in Houston than anywhere else, along with a memorial service where people were allowed attend regardless of restrictions? And we can’t connect the people who are totally disregarding any restrictions whatsoever to spreading the virus around? Instead, it’s put back on businesses who were following guidelines, taking precautions, and trying to keep their business alive?

It’s because there’s an agenda. By the way, the beds are still below normal capacity here.

And, as I told you before, Texas already isn’t having the pause in reopening. There have been cities dissolve the mask rule, telling residents that they are no longer required. Last night once city had a big 4th of July party.

People aren’t going to have it. There are also many businesses that are remaining open, despite any restrictions saying they should be closed. People can protest with no punishment, well we can provide for our families too. The people here have an agenda too.

And it seems to be getting totally disregarded that the WHO has admitted the death rate was blown out of proportion, and is actually much lower than they thought, because with so many being asymptomatic, that the number of people with the virus is much higher than they thought. It’s a virus that has been overblown for an agenda, and Texas was doing right by reopening. People who are gathering in large groups to protest peacefully or burn down hard working peoples businesses are not.

·
Just some guy
20,366 Posts
Wait, Nero was a "neckbeard"?

Reactions: vegasloki

·
Just some guy
20,366 Posts
Ahh. Start a post short talking about numbers of deaths specifically in America and later toss in another number of deaths as an implied comparison without qualifying that number as being worldwide. Yeah, OK. Technically there was indeed no false statement made.

Anyone ever Google "smoke and mirrors" and read the very first result to come up?

Reactions: Lizer

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Political partisanship aside, I don't get out much other than weekend autocrossing these days. So, who are the mask wearers at autocross events? The Millennials 3 weekends in a row! Blows my mind! Hope for the future! Granted, we autocross types are introverts, but still pretty cool! I think I offended a 60-ish guy like me I know-ish at today's autocross by not shaking his hand. Sorry-ish? I've got to visit my 87 year old mother on Monday. Don't take a mask wearer as paranoid, they might be looking out for others.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Ahh. Start a post short talking about numbers of deaths specifically in America and later toss in another number of deaths as an implied comparison without qualifying that number as being worldwide. Yeah, OK. Technically there was indeed no false statement made.

Anyone ever Google "smoke and mirrors" and read the very first result to come up?
If the media can do it daily, why can’t I do it once? That seems to be pretty on par for today’s generation and politics. What’s good for one side definitely isn’t fair for the other side these days.

even though I’d say mine wasn’t misleading for those who read. They were completely spaced apart as 2 separate statements and not lumped together to seem as one. One specifically stated “in America,” and the other didn’t. It’s only as confusing as you make it.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
For the sake of everyone else who chooses not to be misinformed, here's how prevalence relates to increased testing.

If you test 100 people and 10 of them are positive, you have a prevalence of 10%. Later on, if you test 1000 people and 100 are positive, the number of positive cases is larger due to more testing, but your prevalence is still 10%. The disease prevalence has not increased since the last test.

In scenario two, if you test 100 people and 10 of them are positive, you still have a prevalence of 10%. Later on, if you test 1000 people but now 200 are positive, you have a prevalence of 20%. The positive number of tests has increased by 10%. Your increase in positive cases is not simply because you are testing more, but because the disease is spreading, resulting in increased prevalence.

What we are seeing right now is an increase in the percentage of positive tests. This is not solely due to increased testing.

Likewise, you are not pregnant only if a pregnancy test tells you you are.

Second, epidemiological analyses don't point to one single thing responsible for the increase in spread; rather it's a multitude of things that is creating the perfect storm. Right now most of the spread appears to be due to the careless and selfish actions of those under 35.

Third, this is devastating to a few, relatively harmless to most, and seemingly inconsequential to many. This is the harsh reality--as long as this pandemic persists, there is going to be market reaction to it no matter how much or little sense it makes to you. You can cry and whine and stomp your feet about how it's wrong, or doesn't make sense, etc. That is not going to change the reality. But, if you actually wear the damn mask and act like you actually do believe all lives matter instead of being so offended that you might just be making the immediate environment magnitudes safer for a vulnerable person while having ZERO negative impact on commerce, we could once and for all get case loads to manageable levels and there is no longer need to freak out. It is that simple, and is the most patriotic thing one could do for this country right now.

I could care less if I got it right now, and I may not even know if I did. But I sure as hell am not going to be responsible for putting somebody's grandparent or parent away in a grave, and I hope people would want to extend that same courtesy to me. My in-laws are extremely vulnerable. I'm going to have a little one in 3 months and I've already lost my own dad; I still want for her to be able to know what a grandpa is.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
For the sake of everyone else who chooses not to be misinformed, here's how prevalence relates to increased testing.

If you test 100 people and 10 of them are positive, you have a prevalence of 10%. Later on, if you test 1000 people and 100 are positive, the number of positive cases is larger due to more testing, but your prevalence is still 10%. The disease prevalence has not increased since the last test.

In scenario two, if you test 100 people and 10 of them are positive, you still have a prevalence of 10%. Later on, if you test 1000 people but now 200 are positive, you have a prevalence of 20%. The positive number of tests has increased by 10%. Your increase in positive cases is not simply because you are testing more, but because the disease is spreading, resulting in increased prevalence.

What we are seeing right now is an increase in the percentage of positive tests. This is not solely due to increased testing.

Likewise, you are not pregnant only if a pregnancy test tells you you are.

Second, epidemiological analyses don't point to one single thing responsible for the increase in spread; rather it's a multitude of things that is creating the perfect storm. Right now most of the spread appears to be due to the careless and selfish actions of those under 35.

Third, this is devastating to a few, relatively harmless to most, and seemingly inconsequential to many. This is the harsh reality--as long as this pandemic persists, there is going to be market reaction to it no matter how much or little sense it makes to you. You can cry and whine and stomp your feet about how it's wrong, or doesn't make sense, etc. That is not going to change the reality. But, if you actually wear the damn mask and act like you actually do believe all lives matter instead of being so offended that you might just be making the immediate environment magnitudes safer for a vulnerable person while having ZERO negative impact on commerce, we could once and for all get case loads to manageable levels and there is no longer need to freak out. It is that simple, and is the most patriotic thing one could do for this country right now.

I could care less if I got it right now, and I may not even know if I did. But I sure as hell am not going to be responsible for putting somebody's grandparent or parent away in a grave, and I hope people would want to extend that same courtesy to me. My in-laws are extremely vulnerable. I'm going to have a little one in 3 months and I've already lost my own dad; I still want for her to be able to know what a grandpa is.
For those who choose to be completely informed, and not listen to those with agendas.

We are seeing a lot of antibody testing, showing those who have previously had the virus. Why are those who previously had the virus being lumped in as new cases?

and that is one of MANY reasons why testing it skewing numbers. Also, numbers can’t be mistaken for percentages. Numbers are number. The number of people being tested is going up and the number of positive cases is going up. The end. And when you factor in antibody tests being lumped in with new cases......it’s skewed for an agenda.

Why when you watch the news I every day, do they only show new cases, deaths, and hospitalizations, and not show any numbers of those who have recovered or been released? Why do they not talk about how the death rate has slowed as compared to when the virus was new because we are more prepared now? Why do you refuse to acknowledge that the people out protesting illegally under the social distancing rules are at least as much to blame as businesses reopening, yet they go unpunished and the businesses are once again paying the price?

AGENDA

My kids don’t know what a grandpa is because they lost both to cancer (a disease that will take over 600,000 people this year, from this country alone, but we don’t shut down because people are numbed to it) before they knew them..... life is harsh.

Do you know how many people unemployment is affecting? Me either because when 36 million people are unemployed, the number of people that it touches is unfathomable and Exponentially higher than this virus will affect.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
There are a lot of people out there wondering how they’re going to feed their families that think the same thing, every time they hear the word virus.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Here too. It’s timed right about the last phase where we did limited capacity on bars and gyms. We’ve got some contact tracing going that’s still building but not enough people respond even for as shallow as the tracer pool is now. They say that 12% of the new cases have attended a “civic activism event” in June but most of those also went to bars or gyms. Our last big spikes at or over 1000/day were due to data entry. We still have those cases but they came on days earlier in the week when the cases seemed low. We average about 500/day so far and climbing which for us is high.

For the last six weeks or so we’ve had open testing. We can do 10k/day statewide for those that want them but usually don’t end up doing 3/4 of that. I don’t think we’ve ever hit max on the general public tests. There is also private testing for resort employees that’s separate from the public tests. At the end of the shutdown our 7 day average was just over 3%. It’s up to 14% now or as much as during our peak.

Why when you watch the news I every day, do they only show new cases, deaths, and hospitalizations, and not show any numbers of those who have recovered or been released?
affect.
Because you aren’t taking the time to get the data yourself and see what the recovery rate is. Plenty of info out there. Pro tip, you don’t recover from death.

Do you know how many people unemployment is affecting? Me either because when 36 million people are unemployed, the number of people that it touches is unfathomable and Exponentially higher than this virus will affect.
Spare me the concern for the unemployed. We shutdown before the orders. Not because of health concerns but because sales dropped. Purely money, no health involved. No notice, no severance and initially we were going to have to keep paying our health care while unemployed. From a company that had almost $5 billion in cash.

There are entire industries that have shutdown because people don’t want to come. In Clark County we’re about 34% unemployment of those classified as employees out of work not counting the contractors of which there are tens of thousands. About 2/3 of the available rooms are on the market but they have trouble filling more than 10-20% during the week. It’s better on the weekends, 50% or so. Normally the average all week is 90-95%. The event and convention industries are nearly 100% closed. That’s billions of dollars in work and about 12% of the workforce locally. From the looks of it we won’t open again until Thanksgiving. At the earliest. Don‘t use our suffering as a shallow prop to spread disinformation. People are concerned for their health and you don’t respect that.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
You’re incorrect. I do the research and know the numbers, but again you make assumptions without knowing. Stating that media, meaning the mainstream media that comes on every night at 6:00, doesn’t report those numbers, has nothing to do with what I do. They’re unrelated.

Spare you with the concern about my family, and the many others, which is a far greater number than the virus affects? Well that says enough about you.........

I’m not going to spare you a damn thing. The complete destruction of this country is not worth doing for the small fraction of people with a virus. Spare your virus propaganda. I know more people than I can count that aren’t working. I don’t know a single person that has tested positive for COVID-19.

·
Just some guy
20,366 Posts
Starting to devolve into personal attacks here. So....rule three.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.