Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought to life from the fevered dreams of a man on the brink of madness with a desire to create life from nothing!

Assembled in a secret laboratory at all hours of the day and night from parts of the dead!

I give you….

FRANKENSTANG!!!!!

Seriously, after owning the vert since `94, I started working on it in earnest a year and a half ago.
Last night I turned the key, and that 289 cranked right up! It was running sooooo smooth!
Afterward I realized that I had not even adjusted the distributor timing. I was just lucky on that one I guess.
Now I have to address a couple minor things (fuel leak, PS not working, not enough tranny fluid) and I will probably just go start it once in a while for fun!
It’s nice to make some headway that SWMBO can relate to, she thinks I just go out to the garage to hide!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Congratulations!!! Now to get it mobile!

·
Registered
977 Posts
You know it is too bad that we can't get sponsors for projects like these. I know people here at work who are sponsored and race their vehicles for their owners. No they are not Vintage Mustangs though. One guy got into a wreck with his vette and the next day another co-worker went over his house to give the guy a hand. The guy was out washing his personal vehicle when he showed up. The co-worker asked about the car and said "You need a hand putting the car back together?" He hit the garage door opener and guess what??? There set the car completely rebodied and painted. It was completely back together overnight. He had wrecked the whole front clip. These guys are computer geniuses too. They write their own programs for their cars. They use fuel injection and some turbo. You wouldn't beleive the mods these guys do. I like working here, we talk for hours and hours about cars. I gave them some ideas of my own and they are working on one of them I believe. It will help them out on their speed around the track. We have these inertia switches and I said "wouldn't it be easier if you used an inertia switch for braking instead of shuffeling your feet with the clutch?" One guy thought about that for a second or two gazing at the wall thinking and then took off. I would imagine he is working on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts