Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember posting about 2 months ago that all 4 Mustangs were running at the same time ... well that lasted about 3 days! We've chased one problem after another on my daughter's car. Finally get it running decent, all the body work done from the crash on the way to Knotts (sans paint), but decided if we're going to continue to set heat records here in Sacramento that we need to upgrade her small block 2 row radiator. So last night she gets in another accident. Now the other fender and headlight bucket is crunched. I have a spare head light bucket, but will now have to go in search of another fender.

Meanwhile, my son's got his '69's interior all torn apart to do detailing and install his stereo. My son is one of those that loves starting projects, just doesn't like finishing them, so this project has been on going forever it seems like.

The roller popped off of the sizzors on my '66, but that was an easy enough fix today at lunch.

Meanwhile the poor sportsroof sits there with the interior gutted because I can't find a stupid dash pillar and the rear most panels that go next to the trap door, so I guess I'm going to have fork out some big bucks for those parts.

So I've gone from 3 nice looking Mustangs and a project car down to 3 projects cars and a nice looking Mustang.

I'll sell the 2 '69 coupes real cheap to anyone that wants them ... but you have to take the kids with them! ::

·
Registered
989 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. About two weeks ago as I sat at home afoot. The Jeep Grand Cherokee was in the shop getting new heads (cracked one). The 65 Shelby was in the shop getting a new hydraulic clutch setup installed, the wife had the Honda S2000 and it was 110 degrees outside and I wasn;t about to jump on the Harley. I had just sent off a check to a guy in Arkansas to pay for the new 2002 Trans Am Convertible I had bought. And there I sat. $100,000 worth of automobiles paid for and not one thing to drive!

I just hate that!

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
You know John, since swapping cars with my mom after her stroke (I didn't want her to attempt to drive hers or ruin it in the process), I've found that I don't even miss not having the D-coder in the garage. I pay my respects when visiting her house (make sure the battery is still charged *G*) but that's about it.

Maybe taking a step back and doing some other stuff might help, especially during this heat wave.

It's time to re-establish who's in charge. Your ponies seem to have forgotten this *G*

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
How cheap? ;)

I hope that Steph is ok. Doesn't it feel like when ever you take one step forward, you slip back two or three (or in my normal case, ten to twenty).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well at least uour not bored and running the streets. Isn't that what it's really all about?
Hawk

·
Registered
141 Posts
You sure are right about the ponys taking over. This last year has been a war of wills. I wanted them right and it seems the horse god wanted them all [email protected]$*&ed-up. It cost me a lot of $$$, but right now I have the upper hand ... opps now what!!
Hawk

·
Registered
793 Posts
Take a step back and try to relax. Separate the hobby of Mustang restoration from the job of raising kids. Both are very time consuming. Treat the Mustangs as a hobby and not as a nessessity.

Dave

PS My kids are just like yours so you are not alone.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
John,

Your post are better than the local headlines! :: I know when I open one of your post that I will get "What's New at John's Place Today" which is better than anything I read or see on T.V. in my neck of the woods!

Seriously, I hope your daughter wasn't hurt. They are lucky to have you as their dad, as I wish my dad could've fixed all of my cars from my accidents at a young age (totaled 3 by the time I was 18) ::

When your kids finally move out, can I move in with my 20 cars (all in need of something). ::

BTW, Do you have a set of pillard trims? Are they broken, cracked or ? As I mentioned I have some that are in very bad condition, but I just repaired some out of a 70 coupe because the customer didn't want to spend the money for a new set. They actually came out pretty nice! I could see what I can do with the ones I have or yours if you want? that's if you can't find a better set, and don't want to spend the money on new ones. Just let me know!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Make him finish it and make her fix it! I'm sure she knows what to do and I hope he knows how to wire everything up without burning up the wiring. . . And you work on the Sportsroof! Sounds like a good plan to me. . . Or you could move farther north, fewer chances of accidents there. . .

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
That's how I felt this spring. I feel for ya.

My buddy had a pair of those panels made by a Tin Knocker. Sprayed the surface with under coater for texture, (The cheap hard stuff) and then sprayed the correct paint. Can't even tell

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
One of these days soon, your kids will be grown up and gone. You will look back at these wild and wooly times with the kids and cars with fondness and wish you could repeat it all. Enjoy it, you're lucky to have kids interested and participating in mustangs...just armor plate them for petes sake!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts