Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
My cars on the third page, '68 fastback. Just bought it this last summer, unfortunatly it only looks a little better than that know.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 65 mustang, and also have a 66 vw beetle. A guy down the road from me has a massive collection of VW parts and I went out one day and purchased a rim from him. We got to talking about where we knew about one car or another, barn finds etc. He then told me about a 65 corvette that had been sittimng in someones backyard for quite a few years. I inquired as to the location and he pointed over the fence to his neighbors yard, sure enough, there it was rotting into the ground. He wouldnt sell it. i know this is a mustang forum but I think we can all appreciate an american classic. imagine having to look at that everyday?

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
I work with a guy that has a 1968 Chevelle SS 396 he had back in high school parked out in the woods with a rotted out floor and will not sell it for any amount of money. What's sad is the guy is 50+ years of age, lives with Mom still, and has no ability financially or skill wise to fix up the old chevy. It pains me to see an icon of Americana rotting away the way it is. Honestly though, this guy is a real mental case, he is a certified hoarder by the stories of what he tells us and looking at his office. Old refrigerators still at the house that quit working 10 years ago, has a '78 Corvette silver anniv. Addition in the garage, '65 Galaxy in the woods next to the Chevelle, etc...BTW, he was offered over $8G for the Chevelle and turned it down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts