Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, 5 years married today. I plan on working on DT for a few hours before swmbo comes home from work (Maybe I'll even get it started) but looking at my finances I have come to realize that I have spent every spare cent on the mustang in the last 2 months and am now just about bone dry.

So what are some inexpensive alternatives to sweep SWMBO off her feet. I already do the cooking so a home made dinner seems kinda old hat (Yes I do the cooking, I love to cook, and I freely admit it).

Any suggestions are, as always, welcomed and appreciated.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was a simple replacement for the one she broke on Monday.....DEFINITELY NOT AN ANNIVERSARY GIFT.

I may be stupid, but I'm no idiot.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I'm the world's worst when it comes to buying gifts and things for holidays, anniversaries, b-days, etc. Last week was my 22nd wedding aniversary. Since SWMBO was expecting the usual nothing, I stopped on the way home from work and picked up a boquet of flowers and a card. She was so excited to receive just those little tokens, it will keep me out of the dog house for weeks /forums/images/icons/wink.gif.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Have flowers sent to her at work in front of all her co-workers (always a plus). Take her on a picnic to the lake or river, or even the park. Do it in a nice shady area, and pull out a couple of candles (just to set the mood). Take her on a nice country or mountain drive. Once home offer a back & foot massage, if you have kids, send them to the grandparents for the evening before she gets home from work, and then cater to her every need.

G

·
Bottle of wine, fix somethng different for dinner, get/make her favorite dessert, tickets to a play or concert, look through wedding pictures, give her a nice card with a personal note, etc.
Best Of Luck.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
At least you remembered, and no matter what you do, you won't have to go through the havic that I do, being that I forgot her birthday. Look at all the ideas that were sent to me, should give you some good ideas.

Congratulations on 5 yrs.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol

I thought ahead.

First date (which was a blind date) was a 14th
Proposed on a 14th
Married on a 14th

All I have to do know if figure out how to get our kids to end up being born on a 14th and I'm all set.......everytime it gets near the middle of the month I just check what month it is /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
How about recreating your first date? I did that last year for my 3rd anniversary. It worked well...

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
hey dodgestang
It was my 15th anniversery yesterday, yep the 13th. Taking SWMBO out to a nice dinner on saturday. Got to take care of the wounderful lady who lets me build 2 Stangs. One is for her of course. LOL.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Give her undivided attention. Reminder her how REALLY beautiful she is in your eyes, with your words. Cater to her whims and desires (heavy emphasis here). It'll be fun for both of you and a gentle reminder why you choose her over the cars!

Don't work on DT tonight - save it for tomorrow...at 8AM /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol

I'm helping friends move sat and sun
Won't be home to DT until early Sunday evening.

That's why I'm working oh her now.

She's still fighting though.....just found a stripped intake hole and had to tap it /forums/images/icons/frown.gif what a PITA but now the wires and intalled, the valve covers are on, the choke block off is install.

I just have to hook up the gas, run the 12v to the choke and put the distributor cap on........I'll be back soon

·
Registered
6,574 Posts
I had to buy my SWMBO a car for our 25th, well actually her b-day and our anniv. were very close so it sufficed for both. I have been busted for the last 2 months so stang just sits and sits, but one day soon....

·
Registered
913 Posts
Today is my anniversary also....7 years. I bought my wife a very sappy card and a box of chocolates and she was very happy. We're past the need to dump a bunch of cash on one another for every anniversary, birthday and christmas (thank god).

Keep it simple, remember it is the thought that counts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts