Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got motor started, first time since the rebuild, only could let it run for a few minutes waiting on my new radiator (waiting sucks) thinking about sticking a water hose into the water pump so i can keep it running long enough to adjust my valves and timing whatya think, will the hose work or should i just wait a few days for my radiator and again (waiting sucks)
BTW I have not put the fanbelt on yet so don't worry about the waterpump being run while it was dry

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Can't speak about your radiator waiting problem or your proposed solution, but definitely wanted to sa: GOOD JOB! Getting your car running, if only for a few minutes, is one of the best feelings in the world!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I would not run it without a radiator...at all. Without having a air free flow of water you run the risk of getting an air bubble entraped in a cyl. head or block and causing a localized hot spot. CRACK . It is not worth it wait for the rad and brake it in properly

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Good job getting it going!

I would NOT recommend jury-rigging a "radiator" until the proper system is in place. Only because time has a tendency to move quickly - especially while you're concentrating, like while adjusting the valves!

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Con grats....I hope to join the ranks of running mustangs again this year, but untill then keep my seat warm /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys you are so right, I know i should wait I guess I just wanted someone to tell me to lol
I just need to kick myself for not fixing the radiator sooner its my on fault that i have to wait now, and again thankyou for your advise

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
oh, forgot to mention...

There's no "e" in Camry... You own the car!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I get that pet peeve from my mom. She had a 94 Camry and people always pronounced the word "CamAry" as if there was an unwritten "a" or "e" between the "m" and the "r.' Sorry. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks (i think)lol would have never noticed that I spelled it wrong without your help
and again thanks
Next time I need some help spelling i'll know who to look up

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
LOL you bet. What are college students here for... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
LOL you bet. What are college students here for... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif People always spell how they talk and quite frankly, it bugs the living **it out of me. You can't write how you talk - Colloquial writing is just... Bad! =)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts