Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some of the quotes... 1966 Ford Mustang CUSTOM "Mustang Pickup"... you have to wonder "why didn't Ford build this vehicle back in the 1960's?...perhaps they would have called it a "Mustangaro"

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I've seen others, including a 71/2/3 from Arizona that is very nicely done. There is also one that has been in many MCA shows almost exactly like this one...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
No bids yet, huh, wonder why(sarcasim). That is the ugliest most degrading to a mustang car I have ever seen in my life. Ive seen these conversions advertised in the mustang how-to book I have but at least theirs looked decent! Plus this appears to be a highly optioned 66, why convert such a nice car!?!

·
Registered
262 Posts
i'm getting close to that 50 mark and still like looking at cars that have had a full blown custom job done to them,not just some fancy clearcoat paint and big stereo.i'm not saying that every custom out there i love, but just look at that car and apperciate the amount of time it took someone to do this.check out how the qtrs have been extended for the bed length to come out!a true custom car has went out and restomod is in,if you think trying to get a 17"wheel on a mustang is tough,try fitting that bed into the orig unibody!!!someday i'll have to post my choptop [that i have had since 74]on here and you guys will have a great laugh with it,but in it's time it was the "in" thing and i had a great time with it. now i threaten my 14 yr old that i'm going to take her to school in it!!that threat straightens her right out.final point..i'm surprised at the price on this car,you could give that for it and clip a fastback roof on it and have a nice car for the price.larry

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Oh, I think a chop top Mustang looks kind of cool - reminds me of the roof line of the 1963 show model Mustang. Of course if the top was cut so much one is looking out of a windshield barely wider than what one may find on a Sherman tank, maybe a bit extreme. *G*

Dean T

·
Registered
858 Posts
OMG! WTF???? god i want to slap the crap out of that person...thats SO HANEOUSLY FUGLY! what a looser :: :p

·
Registered
858 Posts
oh yea...
this guy is an idiot..
Serial Number:6R07C222279

It is a 66 Mustang 2/door Hardtop with the 289cid-V8 engine, "A version" with the 4bbl carb and dual exhaust system
seems like a C code to me buddy... :p

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I've seen much worse; much, much worse. The workmanship doesn't look bad and considering the work and materials the buy-it-now isn't that bad. Maybe like another post, I've grown to appreciate the value of a good custom; maybe I've just lost it...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
From some of the comments, I was expecting to see something really hideous (like the TazStang). I got a pleasant surprise. I really do like this thing. Ford should have built it instead of the Ranchero, because it looks much better than most of the Rancheros did.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
And they say the gene pool isn't in jeopardy...

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I wonder if it has flowmasters on it?
That would be cool.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I don't find it that offensive. It would grow on me for sure. The only problem is, in my view, what if you have load of plywood in the bed, and find that you need fuel? Filling it up would be difficult.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I like it although I don't think I would pay the buy it now price. I am a fan of the Ranchero as well as the Mustang and feel that this is a nice customization (insert flame here!).

It appears to be well done and since it was apparently done decades ago, I can't fault them for desecrating a highly optioned coupe.

Believe it or not, if I had an extra $15,000 grand, I'd probably bid on it. It would be a blast to drive that thing to junkyards in search of parts, but you'd probably get charged 3X the price if they saw you in it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
And then there are Falcon-donor station wagon Mustangs. I have seen a couple over the years. Not too weird.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts