Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever met anyone that was crazy enough to take a dremel to a brand new Speed Demon as soon as they got it? You have now!! I wanted that choke off... and I got it off!!

Aside from that, I bolted it on.... I still have wood it was SOOOOO nice. Everything sealed up no problems. Took it out for a spin... first thing I noticed was how EASY it was to rev it up. This thing BOUNCES!! VERY NICE.

Took it out onto a paved back-road... WOOSH!! Aside from needing some fine tuning, it is 10000 times better than what I was working with. NO hesitation... NO "chugging" under accleration. I did have a carb backfire when I accelerated from a 55MPH cruising speed. It only happened once... probably just needed ran.

Still havent told Jen how much it cost. I dont think she cares as long as I stop pounding my head on the wall every night.

WOOHOO!!

·
Gone but never forgotten
25,239 Posts
Good deal. Hey, you gave that Holley your best shot. I would have thrown it off a bridge light years ago ::

So the Demon is worth it, eh? I've been contemplating one to go on top of my new engine this fall, in my sportsroof.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Jim- So now that you have it running better what are you going to do with all your spare time at CF4?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Similar situation as the bloke who ownes the blue Mach1 in the photo below.He's thrown huge dollars into the 351W & it still ran like a hairy goat.Ground the Air Horn off the Holley....now it flies!Apparantly the low profile air cleaner was blocking the air flow at higher revs.The next time we came to that part of the track,the order was well & truly reversed! :(
Love it,when a plan comes together!
Greg

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
That scene is forever etched in my mind of him sitting on the grass in front of his mustang in the hotel parking lot at corn feed 3 with a carburetor in his lap. ;) I am glad it is working much better.

When you do that minor tuning, make sure you note everything you do so you can take it back to "as delivered" state. John

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Well Well well, I am glad to hear good news. I told you those Demons are nice. Now I don't want to get an IM about "this car is worthless AGAIN!" ;) look forward to chating with you after you drive it for awhile.

·
Premium Member
19,256 Posts
But Tony, we have a real problem here....what will CV whine about now, now that his carb problems are fixed? Not enough PBJ between his bread? How he hates his job? How he isn't beating his head against the brick wall anymore? Face it, the guy likes to whine! ;) :p ::

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.