Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I find things like this interesting. I was talking to a kid in my math class about my car, when he says the guys next to him owns a blue convertible. Well who other should it be than the great Boggins. I know this is kinda useless but its funny how we all connect.
P.S. what was Ford thinking when they put the horn on the floor right where my foot should rest? It annoys the heck outta me!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes on my 66 the button for the horn is on the floor under the carpet. As far as I've seen this is the way it was built.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Say what? The horn on my buddy's 66 in on his steering wheel...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
The button on my floor controls the high beams, how do you do your high beams?? I hope it not with with the button on your steering wheel *G*

·
Registered
190 Posts
Johnny, the button on the floor should be the headlight dimmer switch. The Mustang horn should be on the steering wheel.
Ya gotta love the imagination of previous owners!!

·
7,025 Posts
I WAS WONDERING where I could put the Overdrive cancel switch for Project Overdrive . I'll wire it to my highbeam switch! Wouldn't it be great? I'll leave the highbeams tied to it too. That way S.O. (subsequent owner) will go ABSOLUTELY BONKERS /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif trying to figure out why everytime he switches on his highbeams, the car downshifts to third gear!!!

THIS IS GONNA BE GRRREAAAT!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Phil

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
...and you thought there was nothing special about your car.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok the button does control the high beams however there is pad just below it that controls the horn. I've seen this as standard part. I've seen it sold in magazines. its not a big messup.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Originally, the windshield washer squirter button was down there. But if it's an electrical horn switch, the PO pulled a number on you.

Next you're gonna tell us that the knob next to the e-brake handle operates the carb choke /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
If it's who I think it is, that kid as a great old 66 F-100 pickup truck that needs to be fixed up. Nice kid, small world.

Is that your car I've seen parked next to a black corvette at the PAL parking lot? Looks pretty good, all shiny.

Didya find any brake parts for it?

J. Boggs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts