Vintage Mustang Forums banner

it's back!

3K views 38 replies 24 participants last post by  EAW 
#1 ·
the 50K resoration is back! here

#2 ·
LUV those speakers cut right through the doors right in the place where you would kick them going in and out. Plus the rear speakers missing the grilles, nasty underhood lack of detailing. That isn't even a 20K resto. Nice looking driver, but no 50K show pony.

#4 ·
I think that the best thing that you could do is to contact the bidders with links to the threads about this guy. E-bay won't do squat.

#5 ·
i contacted them, as well as bidders on every one of his auctions.

well, any bidders that werent him.

its amazing to me that some people dont research sellers' feedback, as a simple comparison shows that he bids on his own auctions, and leaves himself positive feedback...

harlanbomb is ibuildstangs

#7 ·
I like the "302 V-8 all new" which looks like it was put back together with rusted out bolts..... My motor was rebuilt almost 4 years ago and mine looks better than that.... Plus i drive mine every day!!!

#10 ·
Those headers look real nice too :: :puke:
Maybe I should have put my old rusty headers on my 66 instead of the nice ceramic coated ones :no:

#13 ·
I looked at his feedback, intrestingly enough the right rear of the clone is visible in one of the photos of the only other guy who ever purchased anything from him.

wow.

any chance of hitting me with a link?

i couldnt find it.

#14 ·
Here is the pic! Sure enough, the same car in the same used car lot as the ONLY bidder giving him feedback that wasn't his OLD e-bay account. This one feedback bidder blabbers on about how HONEST the seller was during the transaction! LOL

http://i1.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/a5/1a/2e_1.JPG

#15 ·
Just click on HARLANBOMBS feedbackand go to the right upper corner for item number. Also note that the Galaxie buyer is from Virginia based on his feedback. Ole' Harlan left him positive feedback about 2 1/2 hours after the auction ended and recieved positive feedback only 1 minute later - coincidence ?

#16 ·
Here is the pic! Sure enough, the same car in the same used car lot as the ONLY bidder giving him feedback that wasn't his OLD e-bay account. This one feedback bidder blabbers on about how HONEST the seller was during the transaction! LOL
*slaps forehead*

God, this guy can't even scam on Ebay correctly...

#17 ·
not defending him but that is the picture is from the auction where he sold the car. the only other feedback he has is from a buyer not a seller. i agree with the rest of you guys that the car is no where near a 50k restoration and the guy is a ripoff artist. i mean he really does give the rest of the hobby a bad name.

#18 ·
#20 ·
headlight doors lineup nicely with hood too!
http://i4.ebayimg.com/02/i/05/bf/19/11_3.JPG

and i really like the way the shifter plate doesnt attach to the console.
mine came like that from him too. must be a trademark of his.

http://i23.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/c5/fd/ed_3.JPG

oh.. wait! nevermind... its fixed now! you think it lowers when the door closes? THAT is F'ing TRICK!!!

http://i11.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/be/b7/51_3.JPG

but, i'll tell ya what i like the best.
the fancy blue billet radiator neck cover. SAWEEEEET!

http://i2.ebayimg.com/04/i/05/c7/3a/c4_3.JPG

#21 ·
The only thing "nut and bolt" about that resto is the nut will bolt after the sale. :rofl:

That underhood resto just sucks. Rusty and oversprayed hinges, springs, and shock tower brace, fender lips with rust, not even detailed, and looks like 40 year old bolts put back in...what a flagrant fool. :puke:

#23 ·
I asked him if he had receipts that total up to the $50k. Here was his response..... I wonder where the $22k in parts is?

"The restorer has all of the recipts and even the time sheets and has told me YES I can have copies of it all and even the actual recipt on any parts that carry a lifetime warranty ,such as the brakes and starter and such.Over 22K in parts alone!"

#24 ·
Did you notice the coil? We know about the yellow-top black coil. This is a black top yellow coil. perhaps the seller is dislexic. Actually, the car doesn't lookt that bad. I like the color and it seems like he has good ideas - shelby hood/valance, has the floor console and folddown rear. I think the pricing is what makes it unreasonable. Kind of fries me, though, that the bidding is up to $21,000 + and my 70 never topped $13,000.

#25 ·
It "looks" like a nice car. If a new poster came on this site and posted photos of this car I think he would get good feedback on it. It's just because we all know he is a crook that the car is being burned at the stake. I love the color and plan on painting my 64.5 fastback conversion that color. I feel the car is worth around 18k as long as the bodywork is as good as it looks in photos.

Lstar

#26 ·
i agree.. my car looked AMAZING in the pics that the same seller sent me. this one doesnt look bad, aside from the disgusting engine bay. if i didnt already know that he's a total liar, i'd recommend it to a friend of mine who's looking for a good fastback.

i paid 22.5K for mine, thinking it was worth every penny. i then started talking to him about mods i wanted to do, and he told me he was quite capable of doing them.

i felt pretty comfortable having him perform them, since he restored the car. allegedly.

well, i coughed up an extra 10K, and when the car got to me, it was spitting every possible fluid out of every possible fitting, and it BARELY idled.

as i started getting further and further into the car, i began to realize several things i had been lied to about.

either the "factory AC" or the "factory console" was not "factory". the console had literally been cut with a jigsaw to clear the AC. one or the other were an afterthought.

the quarters were replaced, after i was assured all panels were original. the driver's door is from a burgandy donor car, which isnt a huge deal, IF you prep it correctly. one should never be able to tell without taking the door apart fully. if it were me, i would have gone FULL respray, getting every possible crevice in said door.

i was told the floors were 100% original.. and i found a patch panel.

i was told there was no bondo, but the NEW quarters were put on in a hurray, apparantly, and theres a pound of mud in each rear wheel arch.

just stuff like that.

if all that stuff was disclosed ahead of time, i probably would have still purchased the car, but i would have offered him a few grand less, to help cover the cost of a repaint and about 100 hours of block sanding. ha!

not a single panel is straight on my car, but if you look at pics, it looks FLAWLESS, aside from crappy body gaps.

i'll be spending the winter straightening the body, and hopefully have it put back together with full respray by the summer.

i just need to find a painter who is as critical as i am.

anyway, i wish anyone who deals with him lots of luck, and hope they have lots of money and patience. or a good lawyer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.