Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its been several weeks since ive been here on VMF... i went on vacation, and been pretty busy with alot of stuff haha.. i dunno how many people care, but ill share with ya all anyways: ive changed my mind bout buildin my mustang to a pretty fast car to race on teh street and track..... its too nice to do that to IMO... its a nice cruiser with gobs of mid range torque and thats all i need right now! it scares alot of poeple, theyre convinced its a drag car... nah, its just to cruise and take to shows... and lately with the gas prices, and especially since i quit my job, i cant drive it often :-/ . the gas it guzzles, and the blind spots it has, no way im driving it every day...

so i have a question for all of ya! what are your OTHER cars u have, like ur daily drivers... cause ive found its nearly impossible to use a classic mustang as a daily driver... and i found that u really shouldnt... gotta pamper em ;) . i baby my mustang alot :: .

Ive been learning alot bought imports and their performance , and im interested (do not worry ill never be a RICER, i hate body kits, lights, and wings!). but i found that imports have alot of potential (varying). im gunna stick to RWD , i need gas mielage of a 4 cylinder, and a 5 speed manual.... so im gunna start saving my money, and hopefully by the time im entering college (1 year from now) ill be able to purchase a 91 to 95 mazda miata. what you guys think? its light, good gas mileage, fun to drive, good engine with alot of potential. i dont need cargo room or back seats lol.

Of course if i could ever afford one id just get a late model mustang ::, but i cant afford that :( .

To sum it up, im gunna drive my mustang alittle less, and just cruise with it on the weekends. im keepin the 2.75 rear in that, and ill run it at the track a couple times just for fun, and mostly show it at car shows. im gunna get an import for a daily driver that i will modify a little bit, i mean... how can i have a car wihtout modifying it! :: :: . ive come to understand why alot of people wait till theyre older to purchase a classic hotrod or muscle car..... i did kinda rush myself into it :: .... but i love the classics and always will.. but i appreciate imports almost as much now . i like teh new technology and driveability! thanks for readin! just had to write another long post!!!! ive had withdrawals!!!

P.s.- the 2003 Accord v6 is very nice!!! my mom bought one! im so proud of her! she finally has a kinda sporty, comfortable car!!!!!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I have a sickness with my fastback. I could not see myself driving anything else to work. I know about all the dangers out there, but I love driving that car so much that I have to drive it everyday. I do have real nightmares often about the fastback being stolen. Like I said, its a sickness.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
My daily driver is a 2001 VW Pasat, 1.8Turbo, 5sp. It puts out 180hp (same as the standard Audi A4 only they don't advertise that cause Audi would get pissed). For $500, you can add a chip that takes this thing from 180 - 225hp, and just about 225 ft/lbs torque. I haven't done it yet, but man it's tempting. My only concern with that is both suspension and brakes. I could upgrade without doing the suspension or brakes....but I don't think the stock VW stuff is good enough for the added power.....and I don't have the $$ for any of the upgrades now anyway..but it is nice to think about.

As for the stang....that's will be a few years before it's on the road. It will be a fun cruiser, but never a daily driver, would cost too much in gas for me.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
It will be a fun cruiser, but never a daily driver, would cost too much in gas for me.
Gas is $2.40 out here in SoCal and I still drive the Fastback everyday. What else are you going to spend our money on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts