Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's more to life than wet sanding! ;)

My brother Chris did a bunch of wet sanding at "work" this week so we could have some fun reassembling the front end today. Turned out great...I'm really happy with the results. We had a few small issues with wierd nut set-up in the fenders and an interesting time with some repop pieces (do these monkeys have any clue where mounting holes should be? :: )...but, it all worked out in the end!

We had a fantastic time...all smiles! ::
I think Chris was as excited as I was to see this thing coming together! :)
http://home.comcast.net/~fastback65.com/images/resto/re_front.jpg

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Looking really great, Brian. Where do you plan on taking it for that first ride? How about over to Steve's house... :: :eek: ::

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Excellent! That's really looking sharp. I'll bet it was tough getting in the car to go home.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Looking really great, Brian. Where do you plan on taking it for that first ride? How about over to Steve's house... :: :eek: ::
Sounds great! I might even drive it for you.

G

·
0 Posts
looks great!

btw - with all this talk about drivin, have you taken it for a spin yet?

first time i drove my coupe, it had no doors, no windsheild, no fenders, no front end of course, no seats (i sat on a stool) and no gas pedal (i tied a thin piece of rope to the throttle on the carb and pulled on it to accelerate :D ) running open headers, the front end WAY out of alignment, a bad power booster on the brakes, no insurance, and no license on the car...but i guess that's the crazyness of my youth to do somethin like that :) a cop would have had a field day if i had gotten pulled over, but i felt it was safe taking it down a private road just up the street. not the smartest thing i've ever done, but boy was it a blast! and technically speaking, that moment was the fastest the car would ever be, seeing is i didnt have all the extra weight :D

sorry, just had to tell of my first driving experiance in my 'stang :)

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Sounds great! I might even drive it for you.
You mean you would actually drive a car that did not come from the factory red ?
You bet! There's a MAACO down the road a bit....

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Really coming together....looks nice! :: Don't get in to big'a rush.... take you time..."NO" boo boo's! :eek:
Looks like I'm gonna haveta take a little run over the hill! ;)

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brian,
It looks SPECTACULAR! I bet you have more energy going now! ::
blkstlln
Thanks, yeah...I thought paint sessions brought back the enthusiasm for my project...reassembly is even better! ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
MAACO!?!?!?!???!?!? ::
Well, geez, man! How much do you think I'm going to spend on your car? Sign the title over to me, and I'll make sure it gets a proper paint job.

Yep, it's offical...Steve will NEVER get the keys to my car. ;)
Hey, no problem. These days, keys are a formality only.

Speaking of which, I heard a radio ad that LoJack is now available up here. Also read in MM or M&F (I have a hard time keeping them apart in my mind), that Hagarty's says classic Mustangs are the second most stolen classic vehicle, after the 'vette. I might look into this.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LoJack is a cool idea...I'm not sure that would make me any more comfortable leaving it unattended. ::

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
Jesse , did it look this good ? Milk carton seat on rear floor . ::

http://home.comcast.net/~burgandycv/wsb/media/170132/site1018.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Hey....I've done that a few times! Gotta be a little careful at "launch"...or ya do a little more that spill the "Milk"! :: I drove mine down to get the exhaust put on...was a bit tricky driving on the milk carton. :: couple times I thought I end up in the back floorboards!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts