Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bittersweet for sure. After a few false starts and scuttled deals, I've sold my fastback. The wire just arrived, and DAS will be calling to arrange for pickup.

It will be going out to Porterville, CA. Hasn't California already exceeded it's allocation of mustangs? ;)

Due to lack of garage, I don't drive it enough. Not enough to justify owning something of that value. Additionally, I can't ever just park it somewhere and leave without fear of a door ding, vandalism, etc.

It's the right decision to let it go, and it feels OK if only a little too "final" today. :eek:

But I can be positive too. ...I really enjoyed the restoration. I truly did "save" the car, so I can feel terrific about that. And the fellow who's buying it has been a longtime mustang lover. At age 52 he's buying his dream car, and he's pretty excited. I'm excited for him, if only a little sad myself.

I started on the VMF when I got this car. THANKS to all of you who helped me along the way.

Now I just have to get my '66 sprint coupe ready for comfortable winter driving !

**summons stiff upper lip**

Can I keep my sig pic the same for a while? :) Dickson

·
Registered
680 Posts
Well, there goes any chance of me winning the lottery and buying your fastback.....
Glad to hear that you sold it, sounds like it is going to a good home. We need to keep the guys in Calif. checking up on the guy too make sure he treats it right...
Congrads...Hope you don't regret it for too long...

·
Premium Member
19,198 Posts
Are you going to keep the name "Fastbasketcase"?

I think you made a good decision....you seem to be more interested in restoring than cruising. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any of our CA VMFers live around Porterville?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts