Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to drop in and say hello to all the socal VMFers. Spent the last week here getting things in order for my move. I will be working in Diamond Bar and living in Yorba Linda for the next few months and then hopefully get up to the Santa Monica area. I am very excited to drive my car here. I am high off of the nice weather and beaches. So much to do and see. Checked out Fast Mustangs and Fords along with Maeco Racing. Hoping to swing by TMI as well and see some interior components in person for my next winter project. I am excited to have some good resources available. I am planning on taking the car to Maeco and doing some dyno tuning to see what she puts down now that I am at sea level. I was impressed with their operation, anyone here done work with them?

·
Registered
668 Posts
welcome to SoCal! You picked a great week to be here, the weather is nice (well it's usually nice, in all fairness) and the beaches should start getting busy now.

I've worked with Mustangs and Fast Fords OC in the past. They are a top notch shop and know what they are doing, be it restoration or restomod.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Congrats! Yorba Linda is a really nice area, as is Santa Monica. You'll enjoy them both very well. Best of luck with the move!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! This week has been amazing, the whole time I wish I was driving in my stang versus this compact rental. These classic mustangs were made for this weather. I didn't have to use my A/C once. Hopefully once I get settled I will see some of you guys around at some events.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So where's the Mustang?
I was down here for the week getting my residence locked down and see the new office. The mustang is still in Utah and my home is in a storage unit. I am leaving today to go tie up all the loose ends and fit everything I can in the back of the mustang and drive on down. I will be going back for my things later when I find a good one or two bedroom in the area I really like once I am familiar. I am on a month to month for a furnished place right now. I seriously cannot wait to drive that thing at sea level and feel how much more oomph she picks up. Already spins 1st and 2nd.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Nice! I've never driven higher than 6,600 feet (our local mountain ski resort), and I didn't notice much difference there. But then again, I was driving conservatively because of the conditions.

When you get settled in with the Mustang let me know. My little garage's beer refrigerator has a tasty beverage with your name on it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice! I've never driven higher than 6,600 feet (our local mountain ski resort), and I didn't notice much difference there. But then again, I was driving conservatively because of the conditions.

When you get settled in with the Mustang let me know. My little garage's beer refrigerator has a tasty beverage with your name on it.

Cheers!

Absolutely will do! Thanks! That is a very nice setup you have there!

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Sounds like we should have a socal mustang meet there!!!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Love it! I'm in a cramped townhouse complex with very limited parking, but we can make something work! Plus, my town (Hermosa Beach) is a blast!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Love it! I'm in a cramped townhouse complex with very limited parking, but we can make something work! Plus, my town (Hermosa Beach) is a blast!
Awe man I didn't know you were over there. I was on the pier getting a drink at Sharkee's on Thursday, fun little place!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
We were just steps apart. Let me know when you're planning a repeat visit!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Hey Rorin67,
Nice setup you have there... is that a 2 car garage? Looks functional and efficient!

John
Hey John,

Indeed, it is a two-car garage (a small two car garage). I designed it and personally built the cabinetry and workbench to be as functional and efficient as possible, gaining as much storage space as I could given the small size, all the while still trying to make it look good/cool. It was a fun project.

Now it just needs some bodies to help deplete the stash in the fridge!

BTW - Here's a shot of the other side of the garage (of which my wife's BMW normally occupies), so you can see how small it is:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am on a full acre in Littlerock, about maybe 2 hours from you guys, plenty of room for parking and a bonfire if you guys are up for the drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First Post!

Flew down from Toronto last month
Bought a 65 straight six coupe as my first car
So far I've only managed to replace front shocks, trunk weatherstrip, and interior fuses

Interested in meeting up as I've got much to learn :)

Experienced driver in Canada, but nearly failed my written test at the DMV
I'll need to fix horn and speedometer before I go for my driving test
Currently reads 20% faster than true speed, somewhat closer to km/h ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts