Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I grudgingly signed the realtor contract to sell my house here in Flagstaff yesterday. Boy that hurts! SWMBO and I have resigned ourselves to the move knowing that we are doing the right thing relative to the career. I'm looking forward to hooking back up with all my SoCal VMF'er friends and possibly joining one of the Mustang Clubs there. Flagstaff doesn't have one and I kinda miss not getting toether with other Mustangers on a regular basis. There's certainly no shortage of things to do in SoCal so I guess I'll be driving the cars more often...not a bad thing if you ask me. I'll be living in temporary housing in the Irvine area until the Flag house sells. We're thinking about buying in Yorba Linda, Anaheim Hills, Placentia, Rancho Santa Margarita or Coto de Caza. (somewhere along that corridor)

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Good for you Bob...hope everything goes smoothly...

Are you planning on buying existing or building?

As I noted in your thread on this subject a while back, I think Yorba Linda has a great combination of access, ambiance, secure property value and rural lifestyle....only you would know how bad the commute is (I've heard the 91 is bad)...

In any event, good luck and keep us posted! Oh, and if you do decide to build or rehab, we can hook you up with some quality local talent in the YL area...

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Good luck, Bob!

I hope you'll be able to come visit next spring for our show. Let me have a forwarding address for you, just in case. I'm going to the San Diego show in October along with some other club members. Maybe I'll see you there!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Bob-

Let me be the first to welcome you to Orange County! All of the places you mention are fine areas to settle into. Sounds like you like golf too.

I've always lived within a few miles of the beach, first growing up in Costa Mesa and now in Torrance. I like the cooler, more temprorate climate to the more inland areas.

Glad to see another terrific VMF'er close by!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Whatever you do... move as close to work as possible.
commutes are a BITCH in SoCal.
Other than that... I sure miss the place /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Pat. Actually 91 is terrible but I will take the toll roads to save the headaches. It'll cost about $1000/yr to commute into Irvine but I guess it'll be worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Laurie,

I'll let you know where we wind up. We'll still be linked to Tucson. We helped our daughter and son-in-law buy a house there. We have an agreement that they will sell it to us when they make their first move. We want to keep a place there because we like it so much. I will make sure that I go to the S.D. show...pending work-related travel. We'll also continue to be regulars at your Spring show.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya got that right, Matt! Hope to see you there again next year.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Yeah, saw those toll lanes when we visit friends down there....on weekends (when we're there), traffic isn't too bad....I guess less than a 100.00/ mo is a decent price to pay for a less stressful commute. From what I've seen of salaries down there, it won't be a problem..*G*

Once you get settled, be sure to let us know....we'll stop in and bug you when down visiting our friends..

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Oh my, Highway 91...
I remember hitting stop and go traffic at 4 in the morning on my drive out to Knotts! I couldn't believe how bad it was. I'd say the backup was a good 25-30 miles. Traffic cleared up right after the Toll Road enterence too... LOL

I wish you the best! I should see you at Knotts next year /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts