Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I asked for your horsepower. Well, from the respondants, we were able to muster just under 14,700 Horsepower. Imagine the ET on the quarter mile with a Mustang with that much HP.

This weeks question.
Where did you find your Mustang? Newspaper. Gift. Car corral. Found in the boneyard. Trader mag.

Mine

I found my mustang through a broker who listed used cars. I was'nt looking for a Mustang. I wanted a 69 Firebird but this one came up first. fell in love right away after seeing the car.

Yours?

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
My 65 Fastback found in Hemmings, & someone I was buying parts from for my Fastback told me about a 69 Coupe he was parting out & he knew I wanted a 69/70 Coupe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found mine while on Holiday - it was in a front yard with "For Sale" sign. Lady was trying to clean up yard of 'that eyesore'. I was only too happy to oblige.....

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Classified ads, local newspaper!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I bought my car in May 2000, after deciding that it was time for a new hobby. I had originally intended to find a project car, but after looking at several Mustangs within my price range, I decided that I wanted a car that I could, at least, drive home! I realized I would have to spend a little more money, so I upped my price range and, since the cash was burning a hole in my pocket, bought the first running Mustang I could find!

All the classified ad said was, “1967 Mustang, 390, all original, $7500”. My only question when I called was “Does it run?” When I got to the guy’s house, there was this nice, beautiful green Mustang in his driveway. I’m pretty sure I decided to buy it, even before I got out of my car! After a test drive (I started out in third only once), I talked him down to $7k, and the car was mine!

There are still deals out there, all you gotta' do is look!!/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Rick

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
First saw it on the internet at a classic car consignment dealer in the East Bay. Planned to go to the Good Guys show in Pleasanton (also East Bay) and stop by the dealer afterwards. The night before the show, I logged on to the dealer's site and the car was gone. Funny thing, it was at the car corral at the Good Guys the next day with an asking price more in line with its vlaue ($7,000 less than the dealer was asking). After crawling around under the car for 45 minutes and a brief test drive, I struck a deal for $800 below the new asking price.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Traderonline.com. It was newly listed and as soon as I saw it I knew it was just what I was looking for. It was a fully restored, high optioned 66 coupe with no rust (not even the cowls) and completely rebuilt drivetrain. I drove 200 miles to see it and nearly paid the asking of $8000 since he got four calls during the hour that I was looking at it. Maybe a lot of money for just a coupe but it's never failed to start, looks great, and is a blast to drive. Worth every nickel to me!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Collector car trader online. I had convinced myself to only buy a southern car to avoid a pile of rust but I ended up buying mine from Minnesota, go figure, I just had to have it.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Saw it for sale on a trailer at the Pate swap meet in Dallas.
Pointed to it and said...look...that's a gulfstream aqua fastback.....if it had an aqua deluxe interior it would be the perfect car...

and it did...

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Most of the Mustangs Ive had were bought threw my shop. The 64.5 was on a "for sale" board at wild west Mustang ranch, and the Convertible was bought from a customer of wild west mustang ranch. I even bought a fastback that had been a wrecking yard parts car for a few years, wonder if I'll ever get around to restoring that one?

·
Registered
405 Posts
My 65 coupe was forsale beside my jobsite, was not looking to buy 1 but allways wanted 1, checked it out got the price and bought it the next day. I sure do love it

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
after about 20 years away from the hobby..the bug bit again..bought mine in the trader..65 c code fastback..might have payed a bit much for it, but needed to get a project going again..gave $4800 for it, all the ohio rust imaginable (mostly rear..front not bad, and new floors already)..but..couldnt put it in the garage yet, i got a bonus..it runs and drives great. the guy didnt do much with the body, but has most of the mechanicals done. was origanally black, but 2 owners ago had it painted white, with red shelby stripes..from 30 ft, looks great..any closer, and ya see the bondo bubbles..lol..already have sheet metal and rear frame rails ordered..gotta get heat in the garage..lol..great site, love just browsing

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Got both mine in the buy and sell, One three years ago and the other two years ago.
Don

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i found my 67 coupe in the recycler (classified mag.) for 1500 bucks. it runs good and is in reasonably good shape for the price. the kid who sold it to me wanted the money to buy a ricer!! darn kids today!!! it was right around the corner from me, too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Well one day i was looking in the classifieds in the local paper, and came across an add that said 1966 mustang parts car, $600. My dad and I were hoping it was a V8 so we could take the engine and put it into the six we had. Well we went over there and the car wasn't that bad and it turned out to have a 289. So we ended up getting it for $425 bucks off of a lawyer that was selling it because the previous owner had just died in a fire. He was trying to smoke and sleep at the same time. Car was bought on halloween too, kinda freaky. HEHE

1 - 20 of 71 Posts