Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's great to see the GLF growing and adding new members all the time, so maybe it's time to have a poll and list your job, and just maybe we can help each other out...
I'll start:
By day I'm a heavy equipment mechanic ( bulldozers, backhoes, loaders, excavators and even semis if I have to), working for a local trucking company. At night I work on Mustangs in my shop at home. I do about 98 percent of all my own work with just 2 percent needs to shipped out.

Jeff James

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'm a plumbing and heating contractor.

G

·
0 Posts
Hmm...I work at the Wood County Highway Department working on bridge decks. I know almost nothing about my car so any help is always appreciated.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I'm a Stay at Home Mom :: In my previous employment I was a Med Tech/Enviromental GC Chemist. Dawn

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am in the paper business. I run a 700 ton paper laminating machine by day.
At night, I work for a body shop that specializes in restoring antique and classic cars. We chop tops,french, shave, you name it.......
We do a lot of street rods and lead sleds, but our Mustangs and Torinos are our first and only love. Nicholas

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am Chief Engineer for a large automotive system and component supplier. During the "day", I lead a group of 250 plus engineers and technicians .... half here in Michigan .... the other half around the world. At night I tinker with my Mustangs. Can do just about anything short of major body work and welding. Rick

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm a packaging engineer. I specialize in expendable packaging for the automotive market. Need a box--I'm your man. Also, I have a few large VCI bags that are great for protecting against rust--especially covering that pulled engine. As for skills under the hood. Fair. Could always use help. (so many projects-so little time)
::Rob

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Sr. Service Assurance Technician, Sprint PCS. My job is half IT, half Telecommunications.

For kicks I build PCs from parts, designed and am still building my garage. Every room in my house is wired with Cat5, standard 4 pair and cable. I build and race RC cars (Want to learn about camber, caster and toe in, how spring rates affect handling and traction, how a different ring a pinion changes the acceleration aspects of your vehicle... get one!)

I make one hell of a home made pizza. I spent 1985 to 1993 full time, and some of 95 part time in the "pie R round" world. I've made pizza for famous and infamous alike and once, only once thank goodness, was held up at gunpoint for $30.00 during a delivery.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm a sales manager at a comapny that started out as a dot com. We market our vendor products and run a rebate program all trucking related. I also run a small business the human x I sell bodybuilding supplies and coach others on how to build muscle, another hobby is that I'm a part time inventor with my first patent pending. Oh I'm also a student at IUPUI for my grad work will be entering the Doctorate of PT program next Aug taking full time prereqs now. I love my mustang and have learned so much thanks to local guys and the VMF

Thanks to sinpac, my69mach,and pocketperch

My biggest mustang blunder is coating the the entire exterior in por 15 on a 67 coupe needless to say it will be around longer than all of us now..

dead

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Exhibit and graphic designer/fabricator/picture framer.
When I'm not working there I'm working at home on the Mustang or playing with my son or sports of some kind. Being a transplanted Canadian I do play lots of hockey whenever I get the chance.
I try to do everything I can on the car and soon that will mean the painting as well. If all goes as planned.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Parts polisher/welder for a small aluminum foundy. Also if you talk to my boss my offical title would be "Pain in the a**"

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'm a Certified Financial Planner and I own my own firm that provides financial planning to individuals and business owners as well as employee benefits to small to medium size business. When I'm not doing that I enjoy golf, music, the lake, fishing and the list can go on and on,,, :D
Jeff
JDiehl
Greenville WI (5 miles from Appleton, 30 grom Green Bay!)
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
I am an Oracle Database Administrator currently assigned to a global corporate IT engineering group performing database consulting work within Pfizer.

I get to evaluate the latest technology in the database world and help determine if the technology will be part of the Pfizer IT architecture and be involved in the first "build" implementation.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Retired electronics & computer technology teacher.

G

·
0 Posts
Been lurking for a while and decided I may as well join in. Just wanted to say how much I enjoy the site and through the search feature on this forum I have solved many problems with the Stang.

I am a Controller for a company in Ecorse, MI

·
Registered
437 Posts
I'm a student at Coronado High School, home of the Dons, 2002-2003 4A State Baseball Runner-ups. During the summer, Im a kid, I like to hunt and fish, play paintball, hang with my friends, work on the stang of course, and my biggest love of all, baseball. Im only in Michigan for 2 1/2 months of the year, but lived there for 7 years and it breaks my heart every time i leave.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Me, I am just dot in this world
I am a Data Base Administrator (Oracle) by day.
A Unix administrator by night.
A Windows NT. Network administrator
During my breaks
So really I do nothing, sit on the big chair
and collect no money.

What do you do again?

And to tell you the truth. I like it this way.
Really I do.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Do you have a job for me???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts