Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finnally finished the quarters last week, shot them with two part epoxy primer. Got another hood in better shape. Brakes, steering, and suspension are all done. Still saving for some mechanical stuff, but have almost everything I need to finish the body anyway. Anyway, here it is so far:
Pic 1
Pic 2

Whatya think?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Nice job, I'm digging the pink headlight bucket!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I am assuming the front fenders are replacements. Are the Repo, or ford tooling? Did it take a lot of work to get them to fit? I am in the process of deciding weather to replace or repair my passenger side fender. It currently mostly bondo.
--C. alan

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fenders are the Ford tooling replacements. They fit great right out of the box. One required a little hammer work underneith to get it to sit low enough on the cowel. Other than that very happy with the product. The rear qurters however were a nightmare, LOTS of hamer and dolly work in the indented portion right behind the door.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
x2 on the pink headlight!!! looks good!

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Not sure if you noticed or not, but you need a new windshield! Be a good time to replace the headliner when you have that windshield out. What color will you be painting the car?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 'pink' headlight is faded red primer, you guys are making me self consious! I'll be painting it the original Acopolco (sp?) Blue.

What do you mean I need a new windield? Just a couple stone/hammer chips. Easy fix!

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Are your rear markers going to be the surface mount or flush mount?

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
looks great

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll be going with the chrome surface mount. Originally the car had the color coded flush mounts, But after almost a year waiting for the quarters with the indentation,I ordered these and had them in two weeks. I like the chrome ones better anyway.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Nice color! Just kidding. Mine looked like that a few years ago. Red, white, blue, black etc... It'll come.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts