Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking things apart!!!

More of Woosiecoupe is in the garage, in pieces, than on the car and the extra 289 has been disassembled. I commandered about half the floor space, with fenders, glass, hoods, and car parts all over!!

I don't expect to re-assemble the beast for a year or two (or three). Yikes! In two years time, I'll probably forget where things go, so I'll end up with the dreaded "extra bag of bolts"!

I'm envious of every running Mustang that rolls on by....

G

·
0 Posts
I'm probably one of the top 10! I have 14 cars now, can drive 8. Got a 40X80 pole barn... full. Got a 1100 sq.ft. house next door, full. ADD makes me pile stuff up like a pack rat & I can't find parts I had in my hands last night... I feel your pain LOL

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Mike, I thought I was the only one that was a pro at taking things apart! It's good to know that their are others "Pros" out there. Take lots of pictures (if they are digital, make sure you back them up, hard drives do crash). Tag everything, even if you know what it is! In two years you may forget.

Just today, I saw 3 vintage stangs on the road. One was a vert. on a very nice day. Makes me jealous. Oh well, time to go home, sit in the car and make engine noises. Varrooomm! LOL!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
When I lived in Phoenix I bought some parts off a guy that had a herd of Mustangs. I ask him about restoring them and he said his real passion was removing parts, not putting them on! He only sold parts because he liked taking things apart. A good man knows his limits! (Don't ask if I have his name or address - I don't.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts