Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one just replaced the tranny in his 89 chevy truck. A few days later he tried to start it and the wire running to the solenoid started smoking. He pulled the starter and had it tested and it was fine. He then got looking at the wiring and noticed that when he put the starter back in from the tranny rebuild, he had pinched it between a heatshield and the exhaust manifold, shorting it out. But that's not the real doofus......while troubleshooting the problem he had his 5 yr old son hold the key on while he tested this same wire, he didnt realize that the other end of the wire was touching his tranny line, yep, arced and burnt a hole in the line, now he has to put a new tranny line on!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Hmmmmm, happened to a "friend" you say?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Is this the same guy who tests the coil by putting his thumb one the wire while someone is cranking the engine? Or shorts the solenoid poles with an uninsulated coat hanger?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HEY, I resemble that comment! I don't even own a stinkin' Chevy! 5 Fords in my stable. I guess that's what he get's for owning a chevy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts