Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in quite a while, I'm feeling pretty ambivalent and directionless regarding my mustangs. ::

I don't really know why, but lately has been a mustang bummer.

-The guy in the UK who'd agreed to buy my fastback backed out of our deal yesterday, so it's back to the marketing department there.

- My coupes seem to be in a state of suspended restoration - but that's my own fault for having other stuff planned.

- And I can't lie and say that Sunday's car crash did not frighten me a lot. After having that happen with a modern car, I'm not eager to drive my vintage iron (with matching lapbelts less airbags) either....

I think I probably just need a kick in the pants to get me revved up, but for now I think I'm going to take somewhat of a break. I'm sure eventually the "blues" will retreat, leaving a "mustang fever."

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
You Wuss! Get off your butt and get to work! I'm sick and tired of your whining, and can't stand it anymore! :p ;)

Get some grease under your nails, and you'll be fine. These old cars hold up much better in accidents than new cars (crumple zone POS's). Start driving around and watch all the pretty girls' heads turn....that'll get ya going again! ::

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Give it to me until you feel motivated again! ::

Don't worry... this will pass.

·
7,022 Posts
Sounds to me like a trip to the liquor store is in order.

Gee...I wonder why I've never been able to bag one of those cushy therapist jobs???

Phil

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Ice cream!!! Take the family to get Ice cream. Go to the park (in your Mustang), sit in the shade, eat your ice cream!
Don't quibble! Don't plan it! Just announce that you are taking everyone for Ice cream! Just enjoy your Ice cream!
After you try this and feel better, come back and I will explain why this works.
Bruce (TX)
P.S. If anyone questions why you are getting Ice cream, just say that you are ignoring the reasons not to get Ice cream!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I know the feeling. I've got about 2 gazillion things needing done, but can't seem to get off my butt to do them lately. I've been in a bit of a funk myself. I do try to do one little thing at least every other night to keep the sportsroof project moving, but I've really been taking a break from wrenching now for a couple weeks. I'm hoping that when the rest of my fold down seat stuff arrives it gives me the motivation to finish my interior.

·
Registered
938 Posts
This is the best time of the year to be fishing in the NOLA area..give it a try..If it goes anything like it does for me over here you'll hit em goodd one day, nothing the next day at the same place and find that tinkering with the cars again will be calling you....
Greg..hammering big specks in the surf off High Island in a couple hours!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts