Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching some care show on PBS the other day and they were test driving the new Jack Roush edition Mustang. I didn't catch the whole thing, but it looks like there are 3 different levels of this edition. All pretty road racey, 16" brake discs, 400 hp etc. I think it's kind of like the old Yenko Camaro. Buy the car from the dealer and they send it to Jack Roush to do the fun stuff. Has anyone seen one of these things or has more inforamtion. They list at about 45K. When I win the millionare show, darn it, I'm gettin' one.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or Shelby American, or Steve Saleen Inc... They all do that =)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hey there,
Roush has 3 stage level kits (performance and body) for the 'Stang, plus one for a 'vert and one called a Sport package; not to mention all the kits to make your F-150, Cougar, or Expedition stand out on the block! Pretty cool stuff!
Check it out: http://www.roushperf.com/mustanghome.htm

Nate
1967 (Red) Fastback GTA
289, Holly carb, Edelbrock Heads and Cam,
Offy Intake, various other parts here and there.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I don't know about Roush's new mustangs, but that guy has a fabulous vintage fastback. It's in one of the mustang books I've collected over the years - a 65 or 66 "K" GT fastback, red with black interior. Of course the "K" motor has been tweeked to put out a leetle bit more than the listed 271 hp......Dickson

1965 GT fastback / "Fastbasketcase" (by Midlife)
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Terribly over priced packages. I nearly bought one 'cause the dealer was trying to unload it, but for the money the Saleen is actually the better deal (pretty scary when you look at the prices).

Actually the Stage III is very likely what the Cobra "Terminator" will be in the next 1 or 2 years.

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
There was an article on it in the last AutoWeek I saw. Looks verry fast. . . There may be more info at www.autoweek.com

Black primer 66 coupe, bench seat, 302, C-4, 3.55 TSD.
879 posts as "66 bench-coupe" on old VMF.
robert94928 on Yahoo Messenger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts