Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I need to replace the drivers side floor pan, torque box, and the extension unter the floor pan. My question is what is the best way to jack up the front end so that I will still have good (and safe!!!) access to the underside of the car

Thanks
Michael

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would think you could do everything from inside of the car...that's what I'm planning on doing anyhow. If you drill out the spot welds and then cut along the transmission tunnel and such, you should be fine. Someone let me know if I'm wrong.

Dale

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I just put 4 jackstands under each of the 4 frame rails. If you're working on a front rail, you could probably support the front by the radiator crossmember or the strut rod 45 degree support brackets. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Remember to not move them to another location once you start taking everything apart and rewelding. You could easily change the alignment of the parts/body doing this.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I built a wooden stand to let the car rest on. I made it of treated lumber, two main cross pieces, one in the back and one in the front. Put a X in the middle and it very solid. The car was on that until I got all the welding done and able to put it back on it's wheels. I was even able to put wheel dollys under the legs and move the car around (not with the floors out). I was also able to jack the car up from the stand. There should be a picture on my website, let me know if you need one. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts