Vintage Mustang Forums banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Dimples
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
You are starting to make progress too quickly now and I am going to start loosing ground.... The welding will get better over time. The kicker is the cost of gas.

What are you using for primer? Just epoxy primed the rear piece for the quarter this morning so I can get the pass quarter welded in place.
Hah, I still like your odds of beating us. We're shooting for having it done in about 18 months. Fingers crossed.

We're using Advantage High Build 2k 325. Recommended by my hot rod buddy who maybe has custom painted more cars than anyone alive. Not kidding. So I trust his advice.

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
How is the weather now with that nasty storm making trouble? Storms daily here.
It's hotter than two hells here and humidity is nearly 100% by every evening.
My in-laws' yard was in rough shape and I should have hired somebody to cut it. It almost killed me to get it all done!
The car progress looks GREAT ! I will have to start on my younger son's car soon...

·
Registered
788 Posts
Been 100* and humid every day in our part of the world. Supposed to be down to 88* tomorrow and rainy. We could use a break from summer. Blake is about a half hour from me so pretty much the same.
The hurricane is essentially 2 states away since tx is so big. It takes a massive hurricane going very fast at just the right angle for us to get anything out of it. They usually hit the coast and make a hard right.

Maybe I'll get that quarter welded on tomorrow to start catching up with Blake...

·
Dimples
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
We keep seeing rain in the forecast, but by the time it’s supposed to be here, still pretty sunny and 90+ degrees. My home made AC install is making the garage bearable, but otherwise I’m down to starting early on the weekends and going back inside around 1:00pm. It’ll be nice to see what we can get done when it finally cools off (October).

·
Registered
929 Posts
I used a similar kit for my 66 coupe. I have it listed in this forum under: 66 bucket coupe. You have had to do a lot more panel replacement than I did.

·
Dimples
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
You have had to do a lot more panel replacement than I did.
Me? I only have a quarter and tail panel to do. Besides a little bit of floor pan work, this thing is remarkably solid. If not for the small crunch in the driver rear corner (small enough that I couldn’t even see it when we bought it, but trying to fit the quarter extension told the story), this thing would be a cake walk.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts