Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
First, I get a lot of cr*p for my mud flaps, but don't care as I have fairly new paint. Paint is expensive by the way $$$. I purchased Jaeger Brother mud flaps through NPD over ten years ago and they have held up well! Recently I hit something and split one of the mud flaps (actually sheared off half). This was totally my fault. I contacted Jason at Jaeger Brothers and he was very helpful and sympathetic. I asked if I could purchase just one flap and he said he would send me one free. I am so grateful for the help and am super happy with the fit, quality and support. Worth every penny. Mo vote is purchase the mud flaps and you will be sure to get noticed for the mud flaps and a clean paint job!
Thank you!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Here are some Mustangs that mean business! LOL.. For some reason I really dig these cars set up for rally racing. Some of the mud flaps are a bit excessive though. But that may just be how its done in that sport.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Maybe it is because I have some Swedish heritage or maybe its because I'm a just little bit red neck sometimes, but I really like this stuff. Ok I just hijacked my own thread, but thats alright. There's a Mustang, Falcon, and even a Starliner.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Its not everyday that you see a 61 Starliner in a rally race.

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Here are some Mustangs that mean business! LOL.. For some reason I really dig these cars set up for rally racing. Some of the mud flaps are a bit excessive though. But that may just be how its done in that sport.
Sure, okay for rally racers. But unlike the reason we might want flaps on our cars, those mammoth flaps aren't there to protect the car their on, rather to help protect those behind them (and especially spectators) from flying stones. I'm no expert on rally racing but I would guess they must be by the rules mandatory, right?

·
Dimples
4,355 Posts
Generally, I view mud flaps the same way as a fabric car bra on the nose. You want to keep the paint nice by making it look dopey all the time. Paint is made to get beat up on drivers. Each chip is a badge of courage.

That said, I think a temporary installation for a long road trip is another story. The key word being “temporary”.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Generally, I view mud flaps the same way as a fabric car bra on the nose. You want to keep the paint nice by making it look dopey all the time. Paint is made to get beat up on drivers. Each chip is a badge of courage.

That said, I think a temporary installation for a long road trip is another story. The key word being “temporary”.
Umm yeah, No way I'll ever get a car brasierre! My car would definitely complain about the fitment. Probably by developing some sort of no-start condition. Lmao! I've never been a fan of those things anyway. Talk about maximum grossness. I think mudflaps are way cooler than this accessory. It is certainly obvious why a google image search only turned up one result. That's more than enough of this hideousness! Sorry if this car belongs to someone here on VMF.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I just realized that this post may appear to look like an advertisement now. It is not one. Neither my car or myself am making any profit from this. Just thought this was relevant.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Here's another period correct style that is on my neighbor's 70 that he is restoring. They are stainless I think.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts