Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday's Mustang Roundup show in WA was incredible as usual. Well over 1000 Mustangs, don't know the exact number. For me, the highlight of the show was Matt's (Legend65) Hellenore project. This beast is incredible. Top-of-the-line performance and handling mods from end to end, plus gorgeous fit & finish and tasteful Elenore body mods. There was a constant crowd gathered around that car all day drooling all over it, inundating Matt with questions. Made great booth bait for his Wild West Mustang Ranch business!

Got together with a bunch of VMFers too. I'll post pics soon.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
I stopped by later in the show and one of the first car's that really caught my eye was Matt's car. I couldnt believe all of the custom work and detail that went into the car. It looked great.

The other car that I found to be extremley fascinating was the 1965 GT350 #003 car. I stopped and talked with the owner about its history...wow, was that cool. The owner also put the car on the dyno which was even better...I believe 275hp at the rear wheels is what the car produced.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had to leave the show just before awards presentation. Did anyone pick up my Best Of Show trophy? Hopefully you had a truck, I'm sure that sucker is HUGE. You can drop it off at my place, thanks.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Jess, there might have been over 1400 paid entrys, but there were not 1400 cars in the show. I went up to the registration desk at 2:00 pm and there were 820 registered cars entered. Add the 80-90 cars that were in the judged lot, then at the most maybe 100 cars at the show where the people parked in the lot didn't enter their car only comes up to little over 1000. Remember that even if people came just to look they had to PAY to get in and that was probably part of the 1400 count.

G

·
0 Posts
What a fun day! I really enjoyed getting to meet some fellow VMF group members. We should get together more often. I was amazed how many people I talked with who never heard of this forum. There should a lot be more Washington locals joining soon.

Thanks for all the kind words about Helleanor. I hope to have her completed soon.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Best of show, in my little opinion, was the black 67 cvt with TT2's, 5.0 (injected) 5 speed, rack & pinion, shaved shock towers, and the cleanest interior Ive ever seen. Plus, Im told, he drove to the show from Oregon. Way to go! Matt, the fastback is BEAUTIFUL, good job to everyone who made it possible!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Is it me or does it seem like there are less pre-74 cars as each year goes by? I swear there used to be way more of the older mustangs 10 years ago then there were Sunday. I don't think I'll be going next year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts