·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K

·
0 Posts
Okay question.
Shirley got chassis #11 the first public sale of the GT.
Leno got #12 the second sale of the GT.
Ford reserved the first 9 chassis for themselves.
We're missing one.
Where is #10??????
Or is there a mock-up/engineering chassis that was numbered but didn't become a car?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
With Jay Leno getting his, we can be assured that at least one real car nut got to own one before the speculators snap them all up.

You rock, Jay ! ::

·
Registered
224 Posts
Lucky SOB!
On a side note, if any of you get the chance to go to a taping of one of his shows, I would highly recommend it. My wife and I went when we lived in CA, and had a blast. It was really neat to see what it takes to put the show together.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Leno’s car was delivered to him at the NBC Studios by Jim O’Connor, Group Vice President, North America Marketing, Sales and Service, and Steve Lyons, President, Ford Division and vice president, Ford Motor Company.
Those guys wanted to show up when the little woman and I took delivery of our Focus, but I told them to forget it, just give us the car.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I was wondering the same thing?!

John Harvey

·
Registered
80 Posts
I believe that one went to Bill Ford. It's not exactly internal use, like advertising or being put in a museum, but it's not a sale to the public, either.

There were pics of it floating around somewhere... had "Built Expressly for Bill Ford" on the doorsills.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Wonder how many of you out there would be jellious to hear I got to ride in Mr. Lenos GT-40. The company I work for makes a part on the beast, I "HAD" to "evaluate" the product before it went out the door.

As for the missing car, there have been a few more built then what they have said!!! I know how many parts go out my door and how many Ive seen inside of the old CarLite building here in Wixom, MI.

And yes, that is the fastest car Iv ever been in!!!

K

·
0 Posts
:: :: :: ::Jealous???nahhhhhh ::
Okay so what part do you add to the car? Can't they have more of your parts than one per car? Or are your parts numbered to mate with a specific chasis number?

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Sounds like Ford needs to do a better job communicating to reporters. This article has Shirley with #10...

-bob

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
well, lets just say I work for a door latch company, and our parts are sent in via ILVS( In Line Vehicle Sequencing). When I was there a few weeks ago, I saw at least 25, but yet there "number build" was still at 14, thats not counting the ones that have been sent down to dearborn all ready.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the missing #10 and I am about to list it on E-bay for $8,990 in a 24 hour auction. I also have several Shelbys. If you buy two or more, I will give you a shipping discount. ::Hee hee hee

·
Registered
409 Posts
Matt Kenseth was given one for winning the Winston/Nextel Cup last year, also Craig Parry for winning the 2004 Ford Championship at Doral.
I would guess these are 2 of the 9 that Ford reserved.

Don

1 - 15 of 15 Posts