Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Personal experience with JBA. Overall I liked the shorties on my 5.0L, until the welds on the collector cone failed. Only failed on one side but JBA would sell me only by the set. So I had to buy both sides, all because they were afraid I my sell something on the internet....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Serious question not intended to bust anyone's balls. Why buy a kit when a good custom shop is cheaper and all welded? $400 bucks at a great shop locally gets Flowmaster or Magnaflo with x- pipe and SS tips in 2 1/4 or 2 1/2.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Serious question not intended to bust anyone's balls. Why buy a kit when a good custom shop is cheaper and all welded? $400 bucks at a great shop locally gets Flowmaster or Magnaflo with x- pipe and SS tips in 2 1/4 or 2 1/2.
Because you get what you pay for and most times it less than you pay for. Want it done right, do it yourself. For the thril of doing yourself... shall I go on???

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the complete JBA 2.5" exhaust system with their Shortly Headers, H Pipe, Intermediate pipes, and Tailpipes on a 289 with a C-4. Everything fit perfectly, even though I swapped out their mufflers for Dynomax Super Turbo's. I used the tail pipes with turn downs, cut off the turn down section and used GT style tips and a GT valance. Fits and looks great!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I have the complete JBA 2.5" exhaust system with their Shortly Headers, H Pipe, Intermediate pipes, and Tailpipes on a 289 with a C-4. Everything fit perfectly, even though I swapped out their mufflers for Dynomax Super Turbo's. I used the tail pipes with turn downs, cut off the turn down section and used GT style tips and a GT valance. Fits and looks great!
Realize this is an old post... What tips did you use? Did you have to create an offset like the factory GT TIps had?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just thought I would add that the JBA 6610SJS long tubes fit fantastic in my 67 with an AOD and Unisteer power rack.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts