Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:: Well, today my F100 with a 400 decided to give me some fits. See I am getting my 68 FB painted and we (me and the f100) stopped by to see it. Now the truck was running great until we pulled up into the parking lot where the FB is getting stripped and painted. Upon pulling out of the parking lot the F100 started to spit and studder. There was a strong smell of fuel so I put the pedal to the floor and made it start after stalling. We get a few miles down the road and it gives out in the middle of a turn. Immediately after stalling the steering went south!! the steering wheel would turn but the wheels would not. I know the power steering pump is giving out so I attribitued it to that but it still didn't make much sense. I finally nursed it to the shop at my work. Called my mechanic buddy he told me to look to the fuel pump and then the carb. Well after changing the fuel pump out the fuel was still flooding the carb and causing it to stall. I have the good sense to get a carb rebuild kit and spent the next three hours rebuilding the carb. I finally get it all back together and it runs fine. Pull out of the bay and now I do not have any steering at all. While waiting for my wife to come get me I look at the steering linkage very closely. I come to find out that the link between the steering box and the rag joint has lost the bolt that tightens the rag joint to the steering box!! No wonder its just spinning. So now tomorrow I have to spend half the day in the junk yard searching for this elusive bolt. I am positive it will not be available at NAPA or Kragen. So I believe my truck is possessed and is extremely jealous of my FB. Arrrrgggghhhhh

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jessy like in the dukes of hazard Uncle Jessy's truck, big, cheap and just a little rusty! Either way when its near the FB it starts up with something. BTW Bill the car looks 100% better even with all the sanding marks and pock mark repairs! no more dents in the roof.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts