Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts

1. What I really like besides the quality is they appear to be lightly tinted due to not having a traditional reflector. The car is going to be Leadfoot Gray so they should compliment the overall look. They are not cheap but they sell clones on Ebay for much less although I wonder about the quality.
When it comes to something safety related like headlights, I wouldn’t risk it. My JWs weren’t cheap but well worth the cost and I’d say they are comparable to my 2012 Mercedes’s bi-xenon headlights.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Here is an alternative if you want LED's with the classic look. I don't think Dapper Lighting is made in the USA. But they do design the stuff and it is made to their specs. I have seen the headlights up close at shows and it is well made.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
That's one of the very few videos I've watched about Headlights that actually made sense and was helpful.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I've found the Hella Vision Plus to be an excellent headlight upgrade. It costs a fraction of most LED headlights. But I guess LED is just cooler. I hate the "cooler" color and like the "warmer" color!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Yes they are Hella housings with LED lamps, they throw a great pattern and do not seam to affect other drivers. Makes night driving my 70 much more enjoyable with my old eyes.
From what I've read, H4 LEDs are some of the best at replicating the proper beam. Philips makes what are supposed to be very good H4 LEDs. H4 Philips 12953BWX2 LED Bulbs. With all the "off road" or fake DOT Chinese junk it's not worth it for mainstream companies to compete at those price points. Nice thing about H4 is you can very easily and cheaply replace the bulb or go back to halogen. When a Mishimopto light fails you have to start all over. And it has been my experience that LEDs will last a tiny fraction of the 20 years or wharever they say. And by next year there might be an even better cheaper H4 LED with DOT/SAE that's makes everything else obsolete. And speakers are best placed under the rear deck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is an alternative if you want LED's with the classic look. I don't think Dapper Lighting is made in the USA. But they do design the stuff and it is made to their specs. I have seen the headlights up close at shows and it is well made.
Hey guys, saw some traffic coming from here so I'd figure I'd chime in. Our parts are stamped overseas (not China) at ~10 different factories in 3 countries and all fully built, assembled, and inspected here in California. We do a lot of stuff for high end builders/cars (Roadster Shop, EBMC, Light OEM Builds, etc).

Gone in 60kWh: driving an electric Eleanor Mustang
Vapor, the Latest Piece of Artwork from The Roadster Shop
Six things you need to know: 1,000bhp 'Vicious' Ford Mustang

To me, it's more about the education since there's so many options (good and bad) out there. Feel free to ask any questions, I'll be 100% transparent. Been in the industry for 10+ years. Cheers! Ben

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am in the process of this with my 69 now:

Could you post some pictures at night of the beam patterns for high/low?
Thanks...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts