Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the JMC hydraulic clutch system in my 65 mustang about 16 years ago. During a recent restoration i left the master cylinder off the car without fluid for a year and it has broken. The inside is covered with rust colored goo and it no longer pumps fluid. The piston does travel in the cylinder though.

I researched JMC and it appears they went out of business. I also located i believe the part they sourced to make the kit which is a CNC 711 master cylinder. But have found that CNC is also no longer in business.

Can anyone help me to find a replacement master cylinder or a rebuild kit? Or if any other brand kit will work with the additional holes i have punched in the firewall for the JMC kit? Should i just weld up the holes in the firewall and change to another kit? Any recommendation is helpful.

References:
Car specs provided for clearance issues:
  • 351 Windsor
  • JBA shorty headers
  • T5z Transmission

·
Registered
1966 GT Fastback, 289 EFI, T5z
571 Posts
Modern Driveline offers a complete hydraulic clutch kit (and it's in my 66), but the master cylinder comes from Wilwood. Wilwood offers a variety clutch master cylinders with or without integral reservoirs and in varying bore sizes. Just Google ...

·
Registered
1967 Mercury Cougar
281 Posts

·
Registered
12,589 Posts
I'm personally looking for a replacement of just the MC to keep everything else as is. Unsure what the OP is after. (But as mentioned in my previous thread, Speedway seems to make a slave that is identical, at least.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.