Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Saturday, I went to drop off my used oil at an old friends Mobil station. Up on the rack is a 69 or 70 Shelby. Why can I not be specific as to the year? Friend tells me his customer dropped it off a week ago for assorted work and has been there many times over the years. The owner of this car tells my friend that it is a 69 and was originally a red car (now dark blue, not original ford color). I look at the door tag and it is no doubt red with a black hood. The only problem is, as you look into the fender through the door jam, you are looking at a factory white car with the original blue stripes. The white ghost paint is in every place you would look for a color change. As the car was on the rack, I could clearly see that the front valance was drilled for the 70 spoiler, now missing (of course, white paint showing). Only by trying to slip a piece of paper over the top of it was I able to see that the dash vin was in fact glued to the windshield. This is an R code 69 dash vin with a matching door data tag that did not appear to be replaced. My best guess is a stolen 70 from many, many years ago with a junk yard door and dash vin; the present owner has had this car for the last 10 years. This could have been done in the 70's for all I know. Any ideas out there ?

Will we ever be able to use Spell Check on this site? As you can see, I can't spel for ship...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts