Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any dealings with this company in San Antonio Texas? I ordered from them before with good results but on my last order they are giving me the run around. I placed an order in Dec and they charged my credit card and after about ten phone calls and emails I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE PARTS I ORDERED. I think they are pulling some kind of fraud here with insurance. To save your self a lof of frustration please DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS TOO!

What really BURNS me up is, that my son ordered this stuff and he is still in high school and only make a little over $100 a week and this order was almost $500. Now he is out the parts for his car, plus the money is on hold until this gets straightened out..... Sorry us Moms get MAD when someone messes with our kids!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you talked to them? What do they say is happening?
jimbo

M.C.A.# 50000
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575692&a=11979479&p=43517165.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have called them at least ten times and spoken right to the owner Johnny Gomez. Everytime I talk with him he assures me that the items are being packed up as we speak and I should get then in two day. They must be SLOW at packing because it's been three months. I just filed a complaint with the better buisness bureau. I will be doing the same with the credit card. I just don't like people who LIE, especially to a kid. He KNEW how important is was for us to have these parts because we have a short time frame to get them installed before the drag photo shoot for Mustang Illustrated next month. It's a once in a lifetime chance for my son. Thanks for letting a Mom vent!!!! Usually most Mustangers are so helpful and nice.... its sad when you find a dishonest one among the bunch.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had a similar problem with a vendor in MA. Keep after him. I filed a complaint with the state attorney general and the BBB. It took a while, but I finally got my money back. If you charged the parts on plastic, contact the card company, they can be helpful. Good luck.

Jim Gates
72 Mach 1 - 460, C6
65 Olds 4-4-2, 400 ci, 4-sp
71 Dart Swinger 340 - Project in the queue

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Hello,
This is Matt from Ponderosa Mustang.I can offer you the same parts your son purchased at MY COST.I wont make a penny on the sale.I will have parts shipped from my supplier and he will send you ORIGINAL INVOICE.I will be glad to help you if I can. Thanks Matt Ponderosa Mustang 1 850 857 1084.

·
Registered
65 Mustang Convertible
1,754 Posts
Cool Matt... I'm in the process of buying a new 'stang - you just earned my business!!!

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me!!!

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Hi,

I have dealt with him, to bad you didn't post a question about them before you ordered. I went through the same problems where they charged my credit card and took several months to process the order. I stayed after Johnny, and as you stated, he kept making promises but no delivery. I finally sent him a nice long email, explaining how I would make it a goal to post my negative dealing with him (in detail) on every Mustang and Ford sites and forums I could find on the net. And just pretty much tell everyone I can about how he handles business. I told him, once I was done, he will have lost a heck of a lot more business than the $900 he took from me.

I know that didn't go over well with him, and the next day he called me and within two weeks I had everything promised.

If you like, I can see if I can find the email I sent him, to give you some ideas on what worked for me.

Doug

[color:red]VMF Exchange Board</font color=red>
http://members.spree.com/entertainment/whizco/owner/dwhisenant/66tl2.jpg
[color:blue]My Mustang is Camera Shy</font color=blue>/forums/images/icons/blush.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matt,
Thank you for you kindness toward my son. The parts we are looking for are used parts, namely an front grill with sports lights and the honey comb tail light panel. I know both of these are hard to come by so I was so happy when I THOUGHT I found a great price on them for my son. If you would by chance have either of these please email me. If you have a catalog for your company or a web page please let me know. I would LOVE to do buisness with you!

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Mariska, I dont have the parts you need.Darnit.I have a huge supply in new parts but not much in used.We are have the big MCA show this weekend in my hometown of Pensacola,FL.I know a bunch of the venders that sell used stuff.If you email me a list I can scout around for you and get names and #s of the good venders that arent out to cut your throat to make a buck and have the parts you need. Thanks Matt Ponderosa Mustang 1 850 857 1084 [email protected]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a friend of mine bought an engine from johnnys mustang, a 289. too bad it turned out to he a 302 when he got it home, i guess in a way thats his fault. but when he decided to pull a spark plug out, well a bunch of water decided to come out with it. the engine was completely froze. he called johnnys stang and the promised to come get it and rebuild it. well after several weeks in waiting my friend took the engine back himself to get it rebuilt (although personally i would have just gotten my money back and went elsewhere).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mariska,

Take my advice, I'm not using it:

As for the money, you are protected because you used a credit card. Getting the parts is a different story.

The very first thing to do is to contact your credit card customer service and find out their policy on putting amounts in dispute. Once, I called the credit card company, got ahold of a sympathetic customer service person and she credited my account on the spot. But they will probably have you send a dated, written complaint to Johnny's Mustang City. Keep a copy. You might even send it certified mail (costs about a buck). Tell them you are going to dispute the amount owed to your credit card company unless they credit your account or provide good, reliable service. (It would have been nice if you had done this in January, because the credit card companies usually requires 30 days after you notify the vendor, in writing, to put the amount in dispute).

If you receive no satisfaction from the vendor, notify your credit card company and they will put the amount in dispute. You will not have to pay interest on the amount in dispute.

What they do is charge back the vendor and he then has 30 days (or 60 days, I forget which) to make you happy. If he does not make you happy, he does not get the money.

The parts are a different story. Too bad there are characters like this out there. They gotta know they can't keep the money. Maybe they just do it to build up their order volume to show creditors so they can borrow more money that they will probably default on.

One other suggestion: I catch alot more flies with honey than with vinegar. I sent a Cobra tach (worth about two grand) off to a guy in Tennesee in October. I called this guy once a week until February, when I finally got the tach back. He was always "just working on it." I thought it had gone into the black hole and I would never see it again, but I just kept good ole boyin' him asking about the weather in Tennessee, did he vote for Al Gore, how's the work on the tach coming? Once a week, FOR FIVE MONTHS. Offline, I was smokin'. Online, I was Bubba from California. Well, he sent it back, all fixed and calibrated, $250 worth of work, NO CHARGE because he thought I was so patient for putting up with him while everybody else was calling him names. Well, I won't do business with him again, but he was an honest guy that was just a little scatter-brained, business-wise.

Good luck and sorry about the problems...

Dan
Be a good dad to your kids and phone your mom twice a week...
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1589115&a=12097562&p=43884454.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doug,
I did just what you did.... I sent him and email this morning and I told him that I thought he was pretty rotten for taking advantage of a 18 year old kid. He DID KNOW that a kid was buying the stuff. I also told him that I would make it my buisness to tell every person that I ran into at a Mustang Club or on the internet NOT to do buisness with him.
Know any message boards that I can post on???

Doug I hope you sent a letter to the better buisness bureau because they do keep complaints about buisnesses on file and if they get enough of them they take them to the attorney general.

I'm going to make this guys life miserable just like he made my sons........times 1000

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let that be a lesson boys... don't mess with mom!

Dan
Be a good dad to your kids and phone your mom twice a week...
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1589115&a=12097562&p=43884454.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far today I posted a message to this forum, sent a email to the BBB, called my credit card and put in a dispute, sent a letter to the editor of the newspaper in San Antonio and posted about this buisness on 10 forums. All is a days work!

I wanted to thank all of you for your kindness, especially you Matt. I will be recommending your buisness to others in the Mustang club here. Knowing there are great people out there like all of you, made my day a little better. I know how much all of you love your cars, that is why I was so MAD!!! My son is working so hard on his.

I have to learn how to post a picture. It's green with argent like Teebones, but not show quality YET!!!!

Have a great night and thanks again.
MaryAnn

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mariska, I deal with this guy regularly. However, when I do business with him, I take parts home with me when I pay him. I have had some problems with him in the past so it has come to the point that if I get something, I make sure I walk out of his place with the part in my hand. I really hope your son gets his parts. I'm sure ur son appreciates what ur doing for him. As a 17 year old guy, I know I would ;-)

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289
70 fastback done by may/graduation...hopefully

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have heard from a lot of folks this guy is a scoundrel. I only live about 60 miles from San Antonio and I wouldn't buy a bag of dirt from this guy. Next time I am in San Antonio I will try to track down this guy's place of business and let the good folks on this forum know what I find.

I have a couple of 1970 honeycomb panels that are broken in half at the cap cap hole but can easily be fixed. I will give you the best one if you want it.

1970 Mach 1, soon to be finished, 351 4V, Calypso Coral, top loader

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mariska, BBB is a waste of time, they pull little clout. Simply do a "charge-back" with your credit card company. No business is allowed by law to keep your credit card charged after 30 days without providing parts or service. Simple process, you'll easily get your card credited the full amount. BEWARE!!! There are many fly-by-night Mustang businesses that say "they have it", take your money, THEN they start looking for the parts on the internet and in Hemmings. The fact that you were charged $500 for those two pieces proved that he already built in a healthy margin for himself to ensure that he would make a profit no matter what he ended up paying for the parts once he found 'em. For used parts, pick up Hemmings Motor News at any large bookstore newstand, or visit www.hemmings.com . Alot of small vendors out there are "storefronts", who inventory little and scrape your order together AFTER you hang up the phone, drop shipping stuff from all over creation. Big risks, terrible service, and slack accountibility are what you usually get for what is usually an attempt at getting a real "bargain" price. Good idea to come to this forum BEFORE dealing with a vendor, not after.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok Since this guy is a looser.... who is a reputable person to deal with for used hard to find parts for a 72 Mach I. They don't repo a lot of the stuff so you have to find it used somewhere. The next big car show for Fords isn't until June and is acouple hours away from me.

What would be a fair price for a front grill with sports lights and also the honey comb trim panel with the chrome pieces. I found the grill from someone named Doc.... can't think of the buisness at the moment for $350. Haven't found the whole tail light panel. The center section is on ebay but I know the chrome trim is expensive new.... limited bugdet remember?!

I bought several things from Mustang City but they were all small stuff. I guess that is how he reels you in. You trust him and then he gets you on the big stuff. Live and learn. I will ask next time before I buy...

thanks for all your help

·
Premium Member
19,191 Posts
I'll presume the pieces are not reproduced. If you have the big bucks, try Alan Cross at fomoco.com or perogies for New Old Stock (NOS). Oklahoma Mustang carries a large selection of used pieces, as does Jason Mountz

http://clubs.hemmings.com/baymustang/platesmall.jpgLet me check your shorts! My multimeter is just a-waiting! Formerly known as Midlife in the old VMF.
King of the Old Farts *struts*

1 - 20 of 21 Posts