Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would i go about authenticating my 69 Mach1 options ? I have gotten several reports general generic returns on info. How would i prepare it for show? I will not be in a thoroughbred class but would like to near or ready for concours possibly. Try brief run down on specs. 69 Mach 1 390 IP/ w/shaker. Car was ordered by dealer with race package.From build sheet/ ordertype(2), enginetag( K384T),performance group(G),trans tag(RUGM3), axle (2R),altenator(4A) Speedo gear(6)(2) ,Driveshaft (4),mirrors(K) Brake Opt(P),F-Shocks(white)(7),R-Springs(C),F-Springs(V),suspension(HD) code(D), R-Shocks(Brown),Console(X),Clock(X),HoodPins(X), Optional Hood(S) Muffler RH(9G) LH(9F),Radiator (8ZE-J), Fan(8OE-B) Pulley(8AE-B),Air Cleaner(90-E),Alt. Belt(4AE-D). No Radio,No Antena,No sound deadener,No power steering, Altenator only.Car is #s matching 95% original.Unrebuilt drivetrane.Color code on block by starter is (Green) Known meaning ID FE=race design.Color code crank (Orange)&(Green) Know meanings High nodular iron/race design.Stamping on crank (RP)(61).Casting on con rods C7AE-B/oposite side of beam B66-X-K-V, 13/32 bolts.Prefix engine code (K) code designated to HiPerformance,Air induction engines. Suffix code (T) IDs design for track or race.Questions: what type of muffler do those codes given Represant? What type of altenator is 4A? Option hood (S) for Mach1 built 3/25/69 means Shaker hood ?Why is 90-E rarely listed for 390 shaker? Semo Mustang and other list this C90F-E shaker assembly for the 3904V only and the 390 GT used C9ZZ-J. The J base was not even designed till 5/2/69. Is it possible the 390 4V IP was removed from the line up in 1969?Is this is why little is known on these cars and there original bases. I see original ford documents putting the shaker on the 390 4v IP on 1/17/69. Does any one know what RAPC means on the original order image? Mustang monthly list the cam specs for 69 390s 2 -4v cams where used.They call one the 390 Hi performance cam/ same cam the cj uses. Fords Service manuals say the 69 390 IP uses the same cam as the cj engine. Why are so many people confused that not all 390s in 69 Are the GT detuned versions the Premeum Fuel cars? How do I go about getting this car ready for show? I do want to keep it exactly the way it is from factory. One the other hand I would like to participate in shows aswell. Any info would be of great help thank a bunch.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Agree with Charles about contacting Kevin.

From your note, followed by information from a non-shaker 69 GT sportroof built Jan 1(1st) with no PS and a 390 conv built Dec (2nd) (69 Shelbys fastbacks follow the majority of the details also since they were spec as Mach I's - too many of those to list)

(Box A 42) sheet/ order type yours (2), - #1 (1) #2 (3)
2= retail order 1= stock order the (3) relates to a special order car - this car in buildsheet was a special order exterior paint car)

(Box B 1-6) enginetag(K384T), - both K384S

(Box B 10) performance group(G)- both (G) on all Mach I's

(Box B 11-17) trans tag(RUGM3) - yours must be from trans not buildsheet both had (RUG AD) code (6)

(Box B 18-24) axle (2R) - #1 (9936A) code (R9) #2 (9999A )code (2R) nothign special

(Box C 1-2)altenator(4A) - (4A) found on both

(Box C 9-16) Speedo gear(6)(2) , Before thsithere should be (GRN WHT)

(Box C 18-24) Driveshaft (4), both have the same code (4) but before this the colors LB BD PK should be there

4mirrors(K)

Brake Opt(P),

(Box D 1-7) F-Shocks(white)(7), -Both had the same shocks standard for HD suspension

(Box 11-17) R-Springs(C), Both have same - should follow the colors GLD BRN

(Box D 18-24) F-Springs(V), same as #1 Should follow the colors YEL TAN

(Box D 42) suspension(HD) Marked code (D) Same as both

(Box E1-6) R-Shocks(Brown) - Both have same - middle of the road rear shock used on non-CJ HD suspensions

Console(X),
Clock(X),

(Box E 38) HoodPins(X), - same as #1 shown on Mach's and inturn Shelby sheets

(Box E43) Optional Hood(S) - Same as #1 marked with "S"

(Box F 1-8) Muffler RH(9G) LH(9F), - Same as both

(Box G 1-5) Radiator (8ZE-J), - #1 (9ZE-AE) #2 (8ZE-L)

(Box G 6-10) Fan(8OE-B) Same as both

(Box G 11-15) Pulley(8AE-B), both (9OE-D) appears that there was no difference in this part (PS or no PS) so not sure why your sheet is different If your is before or after this pair could be simple running change

(Box G 16-19) Air Cleaner(90-E), Both #1 and #2 same neither was a ram air car from what we understand

(Box G 20-24) Alt. Belt(4AE-D).- Same on both

Got to ask.

1. Where did you find the information you posted relating to the color=?

2. "K" as the Prefix engine code. Do you mean on the build sheet? If so that does not mean High performance. Go pleanty of "K" 's on 69 buildsheets with all kinds of different engines (M, H, a dn even 2V 302's)

3. "Suffix code (T) IDs design for track or race" Where on the sheet did you find this so that we can respond

Also the idea that a dealer would order a 390 as a race car puzzles me especially equipped the way this car was. (console, 3.25 gears...)

Don't mean to start any heated discussions only a discussion of exchange. ;)

Jeff Speegle
MCA Shelby Gold Card

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6473
Mustang & Shelby research, documentation

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1609818&a=12284202&p=44925357&Sequence=7&res=high.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts